Weekly Chat 19th - 25th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning it’s Monday and another week starts. The weather is decidedly dull, blustery and cooler this morning, the nights are also drawing in now, how depressing, it’ll soon be Autumn.

I hope everyone is well and able to have a good day.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,465
  • Days Won:  165
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Overcast day today. A little bit windy too.

Went shopping this morning, to get milk and bread & a few other things. Finished up getting around 20 items 

I think that seems to happen to lots of customers. No wonder the supermarkets are making so much money.

Out in the garden again this afternoon, doing some tidying up and watering.

Think I'll watch a DVD tonight & put my feet up.

• Like 5

Supporter+
3 hours ago, Robbie said:

Went shopping this morning, to get milk and bread & a few other things. Finished up getting around 20 items 

Yep, we always do that, we have a Morrisons within walking distance and sometimes pop in for the odd thing and end up getting loads.

At the moment I’m watching Leicester v Spurs on the telly, 37 year old Vardy leading the line.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i have had two days of bad migraines, it comes and goes but its not effected me with working thankfully. not felt all that great. today has been different, i have felt okay. i think its the weather being all over the place.

• Sad 5

Supporter+
17 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Yep, we always do that, we have a Morrisons within walking distance and sometimes pop in for the odd thing and end up getting loads.

At the moment I’m watching Leicester v Spurs on the telly, 37 year old Vardy leading the line.

We have an Asda within walking distance, but they've built a McDonald's in the car park, so there's a lot more traffic now and sometimes there's queuing to get out of the car park.

It's easier to get in the Car & drive a couple of miles to the Tesco extra now.

• Like 5

Supporter+
1 hour ago, liampie said:

i have had two days of bad migraines, it comes and goes but its not effected me with working thankfully. not felt all that great. today has been different, i have felt okay. i think its the weather being all over the place.

Glad to hear your feeling better @liampie migraines are nasty.

• Like 5

Supporter+

It was a lovely morning here this morning, plenty of blue Sky so we sat out for a few hours today.

Decided to clear the hanging baskets as they were looking a bit jaded, as we'd filled them with early flowers this year.

We always try to fill our own baskets rather than buying them full, that tend to be expensive for what they are.

Sky clouded over around 1:30 pm so inside for the rest of the day.

Surprising how a bit of watering picks the flowers up in the evenings. Funnily enough we haven't really had a lot of rain here in 5 or six weeks.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm reminded why I hate when the house is empty. @cheeky~k8, Jake, Ellie and Ava have gone over to her parents.

I have been catching up with things, most PON related. On a different day, I would have been tempted to go spend time with @super_ram, but I will find time for that soon. The only thing away from my laptop that I have done is eat a cheese sandwich, take in a parcel and bring the bin down to my property.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I’ve got a painful forearm at the moment, which is making it difficult being on a computer, iPad etc., I think it’s just a bit of repetitive strain injury or I’ve strain the tendons gardening or something, the worst thing is I have to lift my pint with my left had which I’m not used to. :biggrin: 🍺 

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

I have been volunteering in my community for the past couple of days, and I have found it enjoyable. Tomorrow, I will be heading to Meadow Lane.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Supporter+

I can’t be at the match tonight because it coincides with my monthly support meeting which I volunteer for, I won’t be home until 9.30pm  so I’ve set up the telly to record the match on Sky and I’ll avoid the score and watch “as live” when I get back.

I hope it’s a great match and those going have an enjoyable time.

• Like 3

Supporter+

Slept in this morning to 8:30, it's not like me at all. Used to getting up in the early hours of the morning for most of my working life.

Rain was forecast last night but didn't materialise. Overcast here today and a bit windy.

Had my yearly wellness check at the Doctors. They check your weight blood pressure, take a sample of blood, Urine sample, & ask you about your diet, lifestyle, or if you have any health concerns.

There's lots of issues with the NHS at the moment, but I can't fault them for having the yearly health check, which is a way of spotting problems you might not know

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

I have been tidying up my room, playing FIFA, and waiting for the Notts game tonight. I think it will be a good game; I like Notts games. Until then, I will just browse PON and other sites.

• Like 2

Supporter+
32 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Slepped in this morning to 8:30, it's not like me at all. Used to getting up in the early hours of the morning for most of my working life.

Rain was forecast last night but didn't materialise. Overcast here today and a bit windy.

Had my yearly wellness check at the Doctors. They check your weight blood pressure, take a sample of blood, Urine sample, & ask you about your diet, lifestyle, or if you have any health concerns.

There's lots of issues with the NHS at the moment, but I can't fault them for having the yearly health check, which is a way of spotting problems you might not know

That sounds really good @Robbie I wish our doctor did that, I think I had one MoT when I was 60 but nothing since.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s very windy here but dry at the moment.

I imagine all Notts fans are feeling good today, I pre recorded the match because I was out, then I watched when I got home, I didn’t get to bed till after midnight but it was worth it. I’ll put my thoughts on the matchday thread but what a great result.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Good Morning to everyone. It was raining last night and windy too. Still windy but the early morning Sun is trying to come out.

Didn't attend the match last night but listened to it on Radio Nottingham. Listened to the post match analysis & interviews.

Will watch the match on Notts player later. Feeling is good after all that.

• Like 1

Supporter+

So it's Saturday Morning.

It's a grey Sky and it is a chilly morning but it's no longer windy. It's a cold house this morning, so have had to put the gas fire on to warm things up.

No Notts match, but weather permitting it's England v Sri Lanka at Cricket and Durham v Notts, plus plenty of Football to chew over.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Morning @Robbie and everyone. It’s a grey sky here too and it’s rained overnight, our son and family are camping and had some bad weather the last couple of days, they’ve got a new “lake” outside their tent. :joker:

No park run for me this week as I slept in too late, plus if I’m honest I’m not feeling up to it either, I’ve not been feeling 100% for a few days, maybe I’ll have a little run along the canal when I feel better later in the week.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

It's  raining steadily here in Aspley and there's no sign of it brightening up. It's very grey and on the cool side too.. How's your forearm @Fan of Big Tone.Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 2

Supporter+
9 minutes ago, super_ram said:

How's your forearm @Fan of Big Tone.Hope you feel better soon.

It’s not showing much sign of improvement @super_ram it’s really painful I’m trying to rest it as much as I can and use my left arm, ibuprofen gel helps a bit too.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Weeks not been too bad so far, my moods been up and down all week and quite a few days my heads been playing up more than normal as usual.

Can't say much has been done apart from go to my mums one day, housework, appointments and general stuff that needs doing.

I hope your arm starts to feel better soon @Fan of Big Tone

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Morning all, it’s Bank Holiday Sunday and the sun is shining, what plans have you got for today, anything exciting? I’ll be getting out in the garden and doing a bit of tidying interspersed with lounging, probably more lounging if I’m honest. :joker:

I hope everyone is well and happy, have a lovely day whatever you are doing.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Looks a great start to the day here, not a cloud in the Sky front or back. Not sure that will last too long. It is a little chilly though.

No plans to do a lot today although that may change. Will keep an eye on updates for the match between Loughborough & Notts Women this afternoon.

Still buzzing after the Notts performance Thursday evening. I'm hoping that there will be news of incoming players in the next few days. Getting close to the transfer window closing.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Topic locked a new weekly chat is here