Supporter+

A WIN FOR NOTTS 

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,643
  • Days Won:  170
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

What a great winning evening for the graduates. 

• Love 5

Supporter+

The team absolutely deserved the win tonight. The frustration of Saturday is long gone. This is a tremendous win, against a league one side & Stuart will be absolutely delighted.

Great to see Rod McDonald return and play so well in that first half, with Cundy doing well too, Notts are going to have some competition for places in their defense.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,468
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am pleased for Riley Reynolds for assisting Kellen Gordon. Reynolds played for 76 minutes, while James Sanderson played for over 45 minutes. Madou Cisse played the full game. It was interesting to see Sam Slocombe captain the team. It was a very good win for Notts, who had a vastly changed side.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  888
  • Days Won:  1

Good win for Notts, with a lot of young special talent in the team. It’s great the win came with so many of our younger players featuring. It’s also nice to see Sam Austin on the scoresheet.

• Like 3

Supporter+

The goals from the match tonight.

• Like 2

Supporter+

During the second half Burton tried to save the match by putting on more of their first team players as the second half progressed, but the Notts team held firm in defence to win the match 

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A win and no injuries. We'll take that. I'd prefer knockout but the powers that be would rather the U21 sides get 3 games. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I hate to be a killjoy but matches like this, do highlight the big difference for our youngsters to be "1st team ready". However, I though Reynolds was quite good, his tenacity to win the ball. Loved the build up to our first goal

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,658
  • Days Won:  89

Slocombe - 6.5 - Made some key saves and reflex shot stopping, something he is good at. The usual heart in mouth / almost monumental f-up in the first seconds, couple of flaps.

Cisse - 7.5 - Really impressed. Lots of pace and put a few good balls into the box. Tired towards the end. 
Cundy - 5.5 - Lots of mistakes with the ball at his feet. Should have cost us - didn't. 
McDonald - 8 - Really impressive half. Won everything, passing excellent, stepped out on occasion. 
Chicksen - 7 - Solid. Did everything he needed to.
Gordon - 7.5 - A menace down the left and took his goal well.

Hinchy - 6.5 - Solid if unspectacular. Tired.
Austin - 7 - Bundle of energy. 
Reynold - 6.5 - He was tidy, contributed well. Tired in latter stages 
Grant - 7 - Really tidy at times. How he missed that chance, though.
Brown - 6 - Largely anonymous. Expected more.

Macari - 7 - Solid when he came on.
Tsaroulla - 6.5 - Did his job.
Adifeh - N/A - Didn't see too much of him.
Sanderson - 6.5 - Ran after everything. Didn't always come off for him, but he was busy.
Muir - N/A - Not on long enough, but exciting to see a 15 year old breaking through. 

• Like 4

Supporter+
39 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

I hate to be a killjoy but matches like this, do highlight the big difference for our youngsters to be "1st team ready"

We won didn't we. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  3

It might seem controversial, but I don’t think Luke Williams would have chosen many of the young players to start or feature as long as they did. Two or three at the most. Stuart Maynard deserves a lot of the credit for having faith in the youngsters and for the win. It was brilliant to see them doing so well.

• Love 3

Supporter+

Total agree @heraldmagpie It's refreshing that Stuart played five of our Academy players & they all played so well too, & contributed to our win

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  17

It would be nice to think that eventually some of the Youngsters may go on to play for the Notts first Team. But if Notts are anything to go by, they'll all be Loaned Out Season after Season, after Season until their Contract is up and then been told their Free To Seek Opportunities Elsewhere, or Will Be  Sold to another Club for an Undisclosed Fee.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I think those youngsters have demonstrated that they can play at league 2 level if given the chance. 

We wouldn't have seen five academy players in one game under Luke Williams.

Stuart Maynard should be given lots of credit for putting his faith in them. And the youngsters repaid that faith big time.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  234
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I hate to be a killjoy but matches like this, do highlight the big difference for our youngsters to be "1st team ready". However, I though Reynolds was quite good, his tenacity to win the ball. Loved the build up to our first goal

While it is true, remember that the more minutes the youngsters get, the more they will learn and grow in confidence. It’s hard to judge a youngster when they are just settling into the team.

I thought all the youngsters looked capable of playing alongside what I would consider to be a much weakened Notts side. Experienced players like Adam Chicksen, Sam Austin, Rod McDonald, and Kellan Gordon all helped the youngsters. Chicksen was the first to respond to Riley Reynolds. The ball from Reynolds was perfect. Yes, it was a simple pass, but he didn’t hesitate and knew exactly where Gordon was.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  17

We've been over this Time and Time Again Gentlemen/Ladies regarding the Notts Academy Players and their advancement into the Notts Senior Squad and then into the Starting XI. Does anyone Honestly believe that any of these players will get their Chance? I for one would like to think so, but over the Years Talented Young players just get Shipped Out on Loan to learn how to play Men's Football and then they're Never Heard from again, until the Contract is up and they're let go, or if they're Lucky Sold on for the elusive Undisclosed Fee.

Kudos to Stuart for having the Belief in his Young players and having the Backbone, to play them during the Match, as it's been said they all must be on Cloud 9 today The Only thing to put a Dampner on things is, if he decides to repeat the Process and Notts get Thumped, then the Calls of does SM know what he's Doing playing all these young Kids? Why didn't play a Team who had a chance. Sure Most Members on Here couldn't be bothered about this Trophy saying it's a waste of time, and extra games Notts could do without but it's Great Opportunity for Stuart to Blood His Young Players, but a Big Defeat will start the Moaning Minnie's off Again. Personally I'll say Keep Doing What You're Doing Stuart.

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man Notts won last night didn't they? The academy players played very well

Let's celebrate that.

Stuart won't play five of them in a league match and put unnecessary pressure on them against a full strength opposition.

Remember, Burton played a weakened team too, & only changed their tune when it looked liked they would lose the match. 

Stuart will carefully manage all of those youngsters & I'm confident he will do that.

Those youngsters worked damn hard last night, & deserved the all plaudits they all got. 

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,475
  • Days Won:  15

I am pleased with the win. The EFL Trophy doesn’t mean much to me, but I am delighted that Stuart Maynard gave several youngsters a chance. They performed well, especially against more experienced players. Robbie Cundy doesn’t seem to be the best signing we’ve made.