M K Dons appoint Crawley coach

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,818
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

MK Dons appoint Crawley Town boss Scott Lindsey as their new head coach, replacing Mike Williamson.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,682
  • Days Won:  171
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Good move from MK Dons to recruit one of the most capable of managers in the EFL.

Scott takes over someone else's side so it will possibly take time for him for his influence to take hold.

He will probably have to go into the transfer market in January to bring in up to half a dozen new players.

Hopefully he won't be casting an eye on some of the Notts players in January, such as Dan & Jodi, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Going down a division may look strange to some, but the club will have plenty of funds available from the new Kuwaiti owners, subject to EFL sustainability rules of course.

I do expect MK Dons to be up there in the top half of the table, challenging at least for a playoff place, near the end of the season.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,170
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I need to start wearing my glasses more, I only need them at times, but I thought the picture was Ally McCoist at first. 😆

MK Dons have a weird way about appointing their managers: they seem to go on "names" with "reputation" and then they appoint managers who have earned promotion with other teams. Scott Lindsey did well with Crawley Town last season, but is he the right manager to turn their season around?

This will be his third league club, so it's not a convincing decision - if I supported the plastic club I would be somewhat disappointed. Considering how poor they started, you would have thought they would go with someone with a bit more experience and a better track record with promotion. That's just my view. I might be wrong, but I don't see how he's any better than their previous manager.

• Like 1