I Hate Sam Allardyce

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Days Won:  17

No Not Me, I have Nothing but admiration for the Ex-Notts Manager. These are the words of Former Sunderland Goal Keeper Costel Pantilimon who played under Big Sam in 2015/2016. Despite Allardyce's tactics earning him praise and many admirers for his ability to pick up Results and then save the Black Cats from what appeared certain Relegation, his Romanian Keeper wasn't a Fan of what he called Big Sam's Strange Style Of Football. 

It wasn't the fact after 17 games that Allardyce replaced Pantilimon with Vito Mannone then Costel, No Sour Grapes? Apparently the Romanian wasn't a fan of being given a day off from Training either, which was something else he found Strange. The thing is there may have been Sunderland Fans who didn't like the way Big Sam set his team up or even his Style of play but if it Stopped Sunderland from Going down, when it seemed Relegation was almost a fore gone Conclusion it didn't matter what Tactics of Strange Style of Football Big Sam got his team to play.

It was after his stint at Sunderland Sam Allardyce became the England Manager, but was forced to Resign after 67 days in Charge after the Daily Telegraph Sting, which was a Disgrace, because I think Big Sam would have been a Good National Side Manager. And after his fall out with Allardyce, Pantilimon moved to Watford where he made a Mere 9 appearances, so Costel maybe you weren't replaced at Sunderland because you hated Big Sam's Strange Style Of Football, more than likely it was because you were a Lousy Keeper.

• Haha 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,170
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Over the years, a lot of footballers have come out saying they dislike. I think it's quite a common thing; there's been people who have stated they hate Neil Warnock. As for this, I don't know why you would complain about having a day off, but it does show a level of professionalism and commitment. Maybe he thought if Big Sam wasn't calling off training sessions the team would perform better?

It's quite funny though, David Bentley who worked under him at Blackburn Rovers once said that Big Sam's approach to management bought the best out of him, and that he was the best manager who knew how to get the best out of him.

The partying lifestyle, drinking culture and the social side does fit some players.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,069
  • Days Won:  54

Some footballers will be more suited to certain styles of play so I get why players and managers clash, especially when new managers come in and change the style of football.

As long as you do what is required of you as a player you don’t have to like the manager, but getting along with someone always makes things easier. A bit strange for a goalkeeper to have such strong opinions about the style of football though, their roles are so different to the on field players the fundamentals of what they do are basically the same. And also by not passing out from the back so much it would’ve made his role even easier!

• Like 1