Weekly Chat 30th Sept to 6th Oct.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,884
  • Days Won:  178
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

As @Fan of Big Tone is on his holiday, I will start this thread for him this week.

Good Morning everyone. It was a very wet night here. It seems to have relented a little this morning, but the Sky is overcast & it looks like we may be getting more of the wet stuff.

Is anyone from PON going up to Carlisle to watch the match on Tuesday?

It's a very long way up there, & I believe it is always a tough match for any team going to Carlisle especially for an evening match.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,999
  • Days Won:  162

4 hours ago, Robbie said:

Is anyone from PON going up to Carlisle to watch the match on Tuesday?

yes, i am taking @TheSkipper and @Joshua. i need to pick lewis up from bostons train station as he will be heading down from manchester.

i dont have much to report, work is still very casual and that is enjoyable because there are not many weeks when things are not all hands on. i am looking forward to going to carlisle, i booked the day off from work so that i could leave early. i dont usually book many of my holidays off, as i get extra pay for doing that but any games i cant make i am using the days on them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Well apart from just half an hour this morning it has been raining quite hard all day. Had the heating on all day too.

Found a small Ant colony in the garden the other day when I lifted up some weeds.

I was surprised to learn that some Queen Ants can live decades up to 30 years. Male drones only live up to a week, & workers about a year.

Termite Queens can live up to 50+ years

• Like 1

Supporter+

Good morning all.

Another dreary & overcast morning here with plenty of rain overnight.

Looks like it's set in for the day again.

Looks like the MET office & other Weather channels are getting lots of criticism on social media for getting the weather wrong.

What changes? The British weather is just too unpredictable when low pressure is around.

I'm sure the weather forecasters in Algeria & Morocco have it much easier.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,198
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm starting to get ready to leave for Carlisle.

I am taking the Pride of Nottingham flag which has only ever been used during the COVID times at Meadow Lane and Wembely. I am not sure if I will take it in, but I will see what my friend thinks. I also plan to meet up with @Dripsey3, which I am looking forward to. He told me he wanted to get a Cumberland Sausage Hot Dog, so I will keep my eyes peeled for people eating one. 😁

• Like 2

Supporter+

Good Morning. 

The rain seems to have stopped this morning, although it was still raining through the night.

The Sky is still overcast but there is no wind as such.

Still buzzing after the Notts win at Carlisle. Things are beginning to look promising for Notts. Kudos to all the supporters who made such a long round trip. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

Good Morning.

Still overcast this morning but the Sun is breaking through. Rather chilly with a definite Autumnal feel to it.

Looks like it may be fine enough to get out into the garden for a while & do some tidying up.

Have begun walking again after a few weeks rest. Will start off with doing a mile then build up to a couple a day.

Other plans will be helping the wife indoors.

Did you know?

The Royal Manor of Mansfield was held by the King. In 1042, King Edward the Confessor possessed a manor in Mansfield.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,779
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning all, I’m sitting on a plane in Dubrovnik airport waiting to take off, I’ll soon be back to pester you all.

We’ve had a wonderful time, thanks for starting the weekly topics @Robbie

• Love 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,198
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I managed to free up some time to go to visit my mum/grandparents/aunt and daughter. It's been killing me, being unable to go. I find a lot of peace from being to make it, whereas lengthy spells between just starts getting to me.

Having been to Carlisle, which is thanks to my friend, has been an enjoyable time. He paid for my ticket, drove me and has offered to help with the Pride of Nottingham flag. He's an unsung hero, who I am incredibly thankful for. Mark is a star!

It's been a really good week, just need to find time to go see @super_ram. Which, I will do on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Love 1