Fergie To Return To Manchester United?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,281
  • Days Won:  17

It would seem that 82 year Old Sir Alex Ferguson is being sounded out about a Return to Old Trafford,  for one more season should present Head Coach Erik Ten Hag be Dismissed from his position.

Not Wishing to Sound Ageist I find this Highly Unlikely, the pressure of the Modern Game would take a Massive Strain on an 82 year old's health, both Physically and Mentally.

So I would say NO Sir Alex, stay as you are and Enjoy your Retirement,  and keep your Legacy in tact you have after all Nothing to Prove.

Should Fergie Return to Old Trafford or Not?

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,221
  • Days Won:  187
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

They could always offer Pep a contract. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,477
  • Days Won:  287

The last thing they need is yet another nostalgia appointment. He'd probably be tempted but should leave his legacy alone.

• Like 2

A Quick up date on this Story or Alex Ferguson really, the part owner of Manchester United Jim Ratcliffe has been looking to cut the Club's Cost therefore Alex Ferguson has Now Lost His Position As  Global Club Ambassador and Club Director. Which was costing the Club Millions of Pounds. In a Private Face to Face Ratcliffe told Ferguson of the Decision and the Meeting Ended Amicably.

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man. Does that rule Ferguson out then as a possible returnee to the football Management fray?

I thought maybe a temporary appointment as Director of Football would maybe suit Ferguson, to advise on recruitment.

• Like 1

@Robbie It would seem so, but at least it's been stated that Ferguson can still attend United Games. The Role that he has been Dismissed From was worth £2 million a year to him and many have voiced their concern regarding the ending of Ferguson's role. Saying No former Untied Player in a similar role could come anywhere near Ferguson's Legacy and Importance. It's been Stated the money which he earned in the Ambassador Role is a mere Drop in the Ocean compared to the £2 Billion United have paid on Transfer Fees attempting to get the Red Devils back to the Top of the Premiership since Ferguson's Retirement back in 2013. And the Majority  Owners at the Club, the Glazier Family Did Not Begrudge Ferguson the Money he received, which would give the Impression he was worth the Cash he was Paid.

• Like 1

Supporter+

I'm surprised Tuchel didn't take the job. I think the Head Coach role at Man U might have suited him much better rather than the England role.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,342
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I noticed graphics floating around last week saying that Sir Alex Furguson is going back to Manchester United. I didn't believe it but did search to find no genuine news about it. I don't know if this is changed, hence the rumours, but there's a reason why he retired.

Manchester United have bigger problems, which I don't think Furguson would fix.

Even if he managed to improve their situation, it would be a short term option. They need to stand by an appointment, and work as a club from top to bottom to make sure things change.

• Like 1

@Robbie

Manchester United Can't Pay Him what England are supposedly Doing  £5 Million A Year. That sort of Money wouldn't Reflect back Very Well on Jim Ratcliffe, after all the Cuts He's Making At Old Trafford.

• Haha 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Crikey. £5 million a year & how many games per year?

10 to 20 games in a year is at least £250K to £500K a match. Don't the players just get expenses paid?

• Content Count:  8,949
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Jim Ratcliffe companies have vigorous cost control measures. If the amounts of money for Fergie were true, then that releases a substantial amount towards the playing budget then.