PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,337
  • Days Won:  81

Game 12 - The Wombles (H)

Team: AFC Wimbledon

Date: 19/10/2024

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,287
  • Days Won:  17

It will be a Tough Match for the Magpies on Saturday. In My Opinion Stuart Maynard has to keep his eye on the Wimbledon Coach. Great Uncle Bulgaria who's wisdom and plotting will have a tough Game Plan to try and Combat the Notts Attacking force of Jatta and Didzy.

Tobermory a handyman type of Player who can make things happen and Change things around Quickly.

Orinoco could be a Player Notts could take advantage of, particularly when he decides to have a Quick 40 Winks. 

Wellington a Quiet Player who can suddenly burst into action, could prove to be a Handful.

Tomsk An Old Fashion Center Forward Big Brave and Tough, could cause the Notts Defense all Kinds of Problems. Especially From Dead Ball Situations.

Bungo A No Nonsense Captain and Leader.

Madame Cholet. The Teams Nutritional  Guru, who is Bound to have  the Wimbledon Players in Tip Top Condition.

Stuart Maynard and his Staff Must Also Be Aware of the the Line in the Wimbledon Song. Defenses They Don't Notice Us, They Never See Under Their Noses A Womble May Be. 

I Take The Magpies To Win By The Odd Goal.

• Haha 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,483
  • Days Won:  287

I feel that Wimbledon's ability to play both underground and overground will give them the edge ;)

Our poor record against the better teams held us back last season and seems to be continuing this time as well, so a point at least is a must. Really we could do with a win to maintain our momentum. It'll be tough though, with the Dons only conceding 5 goals in their 8 games so far.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

i really hope the game will see us return to winning ways at meadow lane, afc wimbledon are a good team but when i look at their squad. i do feel its a team we should be doing well against. i know, we cant underestimate them and i would hope our players are well drilled to their threats but i do believe if we focus on our own performance, we should be able to get something positive from it.

• Like 5

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's going to be interesting because they thrashed Carlisle United, whereas we were lucky to come back without conceding or even losing the start we had made in the game. I do feel more confident at Meadow Lane, despite using not having won our two previous games against Gillingham and Port Vale.

They are quite free scoring, but if we defend effectively and avoid being pressed into passing the ball back to much - they should find us harder.

Still I think Alex Bass might be relayed upon more than we have seen so far at Meadow Lane, I would be surprised if he didn't need to make some very important saves. League Two is still very unpredictable, with not much between many teams, and I just hope Notts are at their best. We need a strong squad performance, rather than a few individuals standing out. It has to start with the back, but Dan Crowley might be the player who keeps us on the front foot.

It should be a great game, it's a shame I won't be there. :( 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,502
  • Days Won:  15

AFC Wimbledon are a good team who will present problems. They have a very good counter-attack, so I think we will have our share of the ball. It will come down to who holds the game and makes use of the possession. All the talk about the goals only coming from certain players needs to be forgotten because it just puts pressure on the likes of Matt Palmer and the players who have yet to score. If we create good enough chances, anyone could put them away. I would much rather see Notts work on creating chances.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Every game in league 2 is going to be tough this year. Notts need to turn around the poor results we have witnessed at home against Gillingham & Port vale.

I think Notts need to field their strongest side & this includes McGoldrick starting this match with Jatta.

So my side would be

Bass,

Macari, Platt, Bedeau 

Abbott, Robertson, Palmer, Gordon 

Crowley, McGoldrick 

Jatta.

Subs, McDonald, Slocombe, Austin, Brown, Scott, Hinchy, Tsaroulla 

Let's get our most potent strike force together to try to get an early lead that will force Wimbledon to come out & chase the game, that in turn should create more room for our creative players.

Better to have a lead, then have to defend it, rather than concede an early goal & then have to take risks later on.

I am hoping for a narrow win that Notts really need. 2:1 Notts. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  907
  • Days Won:  2

I hope we can get the win, but a large part of me believes it will be another draw. I don't know much about the current AFC Wimbledon squad, but I've seen their highlights. They come across as a team unafraid to take chances.

In some ways, I wish Notts would mix their direct approach with taking efforts when space opens up. We only have David McGoldrick and Dan Crowley who do this. I'm not bothered who scores, as long as we do. I would be more encouraged to see us less shy to have shots at goal.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  18,337
  • Days Won:  81

Steve Boddice: From our Facebook page. 👍

Going to be difficult lost last two league games at home got to put that right maybe play with 2 strikers against Port Vale it seemed like Jatta was surrounded by yellow shirts every time a cross came in.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,101
  • Days Won:  54

So Wimbledon in their first 4 away games haven't really done much. They've scored 1 goal and that was in the only game they won. They've draw one and lost the other 2.

I can't see it being a big scoring match, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we score 3+ because I think Wimbledon are going to follow the approach of both Gillingham and Port Vale. I'll be dreading it if they take the lead because then they really will just sit back, cos even a 1-1 would be a good result for them. We've got to show some signs we know how to deal with teams that are just going to sit deep, consider Gillingham and Port Vale the practice matches now, this one is quite a big game in a way.

I like @Robbie's team but I'd go slightly more attacking and put Austin in for Robertson. Didzy and Jatta as a pairing, with Crowley and Austin slightly ahead of Palmer in flexible 3-5-2 formation, just have Palmer sit and stop any counters through the middle.