PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,348
  • Days Won:  81

Game 13 - The Bluebirds (A)

Team: Barrow

Date: 22/10/2024

Where: Holker Street

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  378
  • Days Won:  1

I imagine there will be several changes....DM ran himself into the ground LM looked like he pulled something. AJ headed the upright right in front of us in the FS.hope it isn't another concussion protocol.SR can hopefully only make the bench wasn't impressed by him today..I think several more picked up knocks. Tuesdays team will be very interesting....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Days Won:  17

Another Tough Match and at their place. I'll be Happy with a Point, but the Magpies are Going To Have To Dig Deep to get anything at Holker Street. And Another Injury from Today's Match is going to make things that Bit  Harder to get anything on the Road. Realistically Barrow 2-0. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,367
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think that Notts can get a positive result at Barrow. McDonald coming into the side at Barrow, if Macari is injured, will not weaken the Notts side at all.

I believe that McDonald will soon be a regular in the Notts side as the season progresses.

Away from home, the Notts attacking midfield & strikers get more space to work there magic & with a rock solid defence, Notts shouldn't be afraid of any side in this division.

• Like 3

• Chris featured this topic

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,367
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think this game will need a similar performance from Notts that we saw against Wimbledon. Notts need to show their grit &  determination to get another positive result 

I think we will see a few changes from the team that faced Wimbledon. I think that we will only see one striker starting against Barrow.

So my first 11 team would be:-

Bass

McDonald, Platt, Bedeau.

Tsaroulla, Palmer, Hinchy, Abbott. 

Crowley, Austin, Jatta.

Subs, Robertson, Cundy, Slocombe, Reynolds, Martin, McGoldrick, Cisse.

I've chosen the youngsters, Reynolds & Cisse, because they have impressed in the cup games.

It does look a more defensive line up, however we have been seeing that in away matches this season.

Stuart may even rest McGoldrick & replace him with Brown on the bench 

I'd be happy with a draw or a narrow win. 

CMON U PIES 

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,785
  • Days Won:  27

Let’s keep working with the young players, as they can gain valuable time and experience. I hope we rest our two forwards; I wouldn't want to risk injury to Jatta or Didzy. However, this raises the question of who could play in their place.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,110
  • Days Won:  54

I think I was a tad over critical with my comments against Wimbledon and I undervalued our ability to grind out a result. Plan A is to out-play teams and I know there are some very good teams in League 2 and this isn’t always going to happen. If we grind out another win against Barrow I won't complain!

Their good form at the start of the season has tailed off a bit so it's as good a time as any to play them. They've lost 4 of their last 5 and are struggling for goals a tad, the first goal from us might just dent their confidence even more and should put us in strong position to get something from the match.

If Macari is struggling a bit McDonald would seem the obvious choice, but he is left-footed so it might make things a bit harder for him to play the RCB role. You could move Platt across but he’s been so good I would be reluctant to do it. I think Cundy has looked awkward there, so Ness might be the best option if he's fit enough.

Mad to think after last season we’ve now got a lot of defensive options both in defence and midfield but now we’re struggling in attack due to injuries. Think I’d start Brown, with Ceds out we kind of need to see something from him now. We overplayed McGoldrick last season so although I'd want him to start, bringing him off the bench would still be a great option if we needed him. And I’ve no idea who our best wingbacks are still, no-one's found any consistency there yet but I think Tsaroulla and Gordon are the sensible choices.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

I think the youngsters will be important in our push to make the next stage. We need to keep fielding the young talent we’ve seen in the EFL Trophy.

Hopefully, we will continue to see them performing well. It’s all part of the journey, and we just have to see how things turn out. It’s a dream to watch them develop and contribute to the team.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

We might do something a bit different tomorrow, as we could go to a back 4 and play Bedeau at left back, that would then get McDonald and Platt in playing in their correct positions, with Gordon at RB if Macari isn’t fit. Midfield three of Hinchy, Palmer and Abbott, then Austin, Crowley and Jatta as the loan striker. Pure guesswork but could be an option.

Otherwise, we will definitely rest Didzy, and we may rest Palmer as he has played a lot of minutes recently. Austin will definitely play tomorrow, where though is anyone’s guess.

Barrow have lost 4 out of 5, so can see this being another 1-0 game going either way.