Is Pep's Departure Inevitable?

Wheelbarrow repair man

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Days Won:  17

With the Departure of the Man who took him to Manchester City and Pep Guardiola's Contract with City coming to an End in June Next Year, City's Brazilian Goalkeeper Ederson seems to have the Drop on everybody else, stating the Club already have Coaches Lined up to take over Pep's position should he depart the Etihad. Ruben Amorin, Xabi Alonso and Roberto De Zerbi are the Men in Question. So Not Unlike the England Job and the appointment of Thomas Tuchel it would seem that the Current  English Premier League Champions are Ignoring any English Coach for their Head Coach's Position.

Rumor has it that Pep is going to be offered around the £18 Million mark to extend his Contract at City.  And it is Now being Stated he Did Want the England Job, but Dithered about and Missed the FA's Deadline to come up with a Definite Answer, so the Position went to Ex-Bayern Boss Tuchel. Which to Me Seems Strange, because if the FA Wanted Guardiola that Badly surely they would have Given Him as Much Time as He Wanted? I would come Down on the Side of Pep Wanted To Much Money, and the FA merely Couldn't Afford Him.

So What Now For Pep? Does he Remain at City and Rake in the Millions? Will he take a Year's Sabbatical? Or Go On and become the Head Coach of An International Side, the Only Real Challenge he has left in his Football Career? Winning A Major Trophy As The Head Coach Of A National Side.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,367
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I'm sorry but is it just me thinking that all these foreign managers that come to work in the UK are just plain overrated?

As I've said in other threads, there are thousands of home coaches doing their work, coaching their teams throughout the week & on Match days.

All these teams will range from junior teams to the most senior teams in the land. Football in this Country depends on home grown coaches up & down the Country.

The  top six in the PL prefer foreign coaches but I think that's more for the sake of the owners & to attract international viewers & finance than anything else.

I don't think that it is because these coaches are any better than home grown coaches because in my opinion they aren't any better.

No doubt Pep will get his millions & your probably right @Wheelbarrow repair man that England couldn't afford him, & he will be rated as one of the best by the MSMedia & football establishment when he's done 

But I just don't rate him any better than dozens of other Head Coaches in the football pyramid. Am I wrong?

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

No Mate You're Not Wrong. As I've said before Guardiola has never had to Struggle at any Club he's been in Charge of, they have all been Mega Rich and Top Clubs with No or very Little Opposition, in their Respective Leagues. The Guy isn't fit to Shine the Shoes of Managers like Jimmy Sirrel, Brian Clough, Dave Basset who have Got Hold of Clubs and have worked hard and taken Unfancied Clubs and have taken them to Heights that their Owners could Only Dream Of. Cloughie did it with Both Derby and Forest, Jimmy Sirrel of course with the Mighty Magpies and Dave Basset with Wimbledon.

And it seems that Phil Parkinson is Now doing a Job at Wrexham. Admittedly he has the Money, but Nowhere near the Amount that Pep has been given at City or over his Career. Plus it was Rumored last Season that should Parkinson Fail to get Wrexham Promoted,  to League 1 he'd get the Sack. Something tells Me, Pep's never had to Face That Kind of Pressure.

In an Update it would seem Guardiola will be Staying the Etihad, and Raking In his Millions. But Once he's Retired how is he going to Look back on His Career, Yes he's Won Trophies, but has most Fans have said, he's bought His Glory, he's Never Truly Had To Work For It. As you have said Yourself any Coach Worth His Salt could achieve what Pep has done with all His Billions.

Want Respect from this Notts Fan Guardiola and Others ? Go and Coach a team currently in the National League, get them Promoted take them to the Premier and win a Trophy, then you can call yourself a Proper Coach. It will Never happen of Course and Pep will look back on his Career and tell people look how Good he was with all the Trophies he's Won and Yet Even He Deep Down will know his Career is A Falsehood.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,367
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I know it won't probably happen but if Man City are guilty of most charges they are accused of & Pep has already committed himself to the club.

What if the club get lots of points deducted or even get relegated out of the PL, will he stay with City getting a transfer ban & losing most of their team due to FFP rules?

That would be a big test I think.

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

Pep is the least of their worries. With the money and talent they have, they should be a stronger force in the Champions League.

It's not good for football when a manager seems bigger than the club. If he decides to leave, so be it. They should be more concerned about the serious charges they are facing.

• Like 2