Michael O'Connor

We've unfortunately released midfielder Michael O'Connor who has had problems with injury this season. He fought his way back into the squad towards the end of the season & was an unused sub at Wembley on Sunday.

Good midfielder who could do Pies a hell of a job, especially on a free transfer, did great for us & was a regular before his injury, definitely worth a punt!!

His he the youngish lad? Northern Irish?

He was a promising prospect if he's the player I am thinking of, started well with Crewe. I wouldn't be against giving him a go if I was Derry, however what injury issues does he have during his time with you guys?

yeah, troublesome groin injury. Sorted now, but not in enough time to secure a new contract. Class midfielder IMO, he scored in our last home league game, the 2-2 draw with MKD. He'd do Notts a good job in centre midfield, & he also gets his share of goals, great right foot.

Archived