Youth team

shepshedpie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  1

The youth team won on Saturday morning, beating Bradford City 3-2 in dreadful rainy and windy conditions.

A close game was always in prospect with Bradford sitting in third place in the league with Notts in sixth.

Notts took the lead after only fifteen minutes with a fantastic shot from the edge of the area by Ben Browne which crashed against the underside of the bar before going into the net giving the visiting 'keeper no chance.

Notts were ahead for only five minutes when a loose ball in the Notts penalty area was hammered home by a Bradford forward to make the score 1-1.

After 40 minutes Notts got themselves back in the lead when a new player from Wolves whose name I don't know yet, was brought down in the area and the penalty was cooly fired home by Colby Bishop for a 2-1 lead.

Right on half time an error in the Notts defence allowed Bradford in for the equaliser again.

The second half was evenly contested but both defences were tighter and it wasn't until about fifteen minutes from the end when a quality free kick by Kyle Symons was headed home powerfully by centre-back Rhys Myers which ensured Notts collected all three points.

A good display by the young 'Pies in atrocious conditions.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks for the report, I keep saying I will go and watch the young lads one day.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Sounds like they battled well and held their nerve. Well done Notts Young 'uns.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@shepshedpie appreciate the time you've taken in adding this.

@PTID1862 will find this very useful, as no doubt will the majority of the community. Myself included, I am doing work with the Academy and it is nice to see how they're doing. So cheers!

COME ON YOU YOUNG PIES!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

@shepshedpie how does coby bishop look? he sounds a promising player. i had hoped he would feature when he made the bench :)

Archived