Notts Youth team v Burton

shepshedpie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  1

Two surprises in the Notts line up when it was revealed that Colby Bishop was absent due to his inclusion in the first team squad which was playing at Rochdale.  The second was their regular 'keeper Monty Parks was out injured and was replaced by the Notts County under-15 'keeper.

After only six minutes into the game Notts took the lead over Burton when Rico Fyfe turned sharply about 12 yards from goal to fire a shot just inside the post.

Four minutes later Notts went further ahead when a quality cross from right-back Tom Rigby, one of many Tom provided during the game, was headed home firmly by Larty Sarpong.

Notts were playing some really good football with lots of close control and plenty of good passing in tight situations and were well on top in the game.  Completely against the run of play Burton scored twice on 35 and 36 minutes after a couple of defensive errors allowed the visitirs back into the game with a half-time score of 2-2.

Ten minutes after the restart Luther Wildin put Notts back in front when he picked up a loose ball 12 yards out to shoot past the Burton keeper to make the score 3-2.

Notts continued to be the better team but couldn't find one more goal to 'kill off' the threat from Burton.  Despite plenty of chances no more goals were forthcoming so Notts won a highly entertaining game 3-2, a scoreline that does not reflect their dominance of the game.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@shepshedpie How did the young lad who came in for the regular keeper do? I've seen a couple train and two look very decent, hopefully it wasn't overly daunting for the young lad to be thrown in.

Sounds a great result for the young pies.

Next season I aim to get down to see them a little more.

Thanks

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks @shepshedpie sounds like a good game.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I like these, I suggest the Youth team move their training base to Cumbria, Nods...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

@PTID1862 you still probs would not watch them ;)

good to see the update, i read somewhere they thrashed their opposition in their last game. im hoping @shepshedpie and @Northants Pie find time to update us, i prefer fans views.

Archived