Dash Cam

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was reading on another forum about these and I decided to have a look at them, I was amazed how cheap they were, after a bit of research I eventually went for this one LINK at just under £12 its very good. It records footage onto an SD card (not included) and has a screen to view the footage on playback, it records sounds as well if you wish, when the SD card is full it will write over it from the beginning. It would be very handy to have if involved in an accident and could be used in evidence to prove who was at fault. I believe some insurance companies give a discount if you have one. I thought it was worth a punt for that price, has anyone else got one?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Nope, though I will when I get a car.

I'll most likely get a pair, one for the front and back because I have seen idiots drive into people from behind and then they claim it's the other drivers fault when in fact they were tailgating. I watched BBC's Watchdog a few months back, they was doing 'dodgy' insurance companies and it mentioned how 'trustworthy' companies insist that their driving have dashboard cams, so that they can prove who is in the wrong. Obviously it makes good sense because this day and age, companies have more rights not to pay out then we do to actually claim.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Nope, though I will when I get a car.

I'll most likely get a pair, one for the front and back because I have seen idiots drive into people from behind and then they claim it's the other drivers fault when in fact they were tailgating. I watched BBC's Watchdog a few months back, they was doing 'dodgy' insurance companies and it mentioned how 'trustworthy' companies insist that their driving have dashboard cams, so that they can prove who is in the wrong. Obviously it makes good sense because this day and age, companies have more rights not to pay out then we do to actually claim.

I think you can get cameras that have front and rear facing cameras but obviously they are dearer. It's a good point about shunts up the rear end. (waits for funny comment from @ptid1862)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I know our trucks have forward facing cameras, which can defend or hang a driver depending on his behaviour...

Considering I drive something like 7500 a month, and haven't had an accident since 1989.. I wouldn't know about shunting up the rear, or being shunted up the rear for that matter....

:P

Archived