Good morning - Wednesday 21st January

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It's still dark at the moment but I've had a peep out of the window and it's looks like we have lying snow, I don't think it's too bad though. It's certainly cold, it's times like this I thank God that central heating was invented. My mam had to get up early to make a coal fire and put the kettle on so we could wash (no hot water in our house). My bedroom had ice on the INSIDE of the window and the toilet was down the bottom of the yard, I remember the plastic seat being absolutely freezing.

Sorry I'm rambling.......I hope you have a good day wherever you are and it's not too bad weather wise.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The snows melted here and that's annoying. I was hoping to get a good covering.

I hope it happens again today though.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

its snowing here, tho its not really chilly. just cold.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Blooming freezing here.The snow keeps coming and going.Roll on summer.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

It's still dark at the moment but I've had a peep out of the window and it's looks like we have lying snow, I don't think it's too bad though. It's certainly cold, it's times like this I thank God that central heating was invented. My mam had to get up early to make a coal fire and put the kettle on so we could wash (no hot water in our house). My bedroom had ice on the INSIDE of the window and the toilet was down the bottom of the yard, I remember the plastic seat being absolutely freezing.

Sorry I'm rambling.......I hope you have a good day wherever you are and it's not too bad weather wise.

Ah,the good old days @tonyhateley.I loved it when my dad was on the day shift because he always made the fire at about 5am,so it was quite warm when I got up.I hated it when he was on afters or nights.

Anyway back to the present-There was a good covering of snow when I went to bed last night,gone this morning.It's been snowing on and off today,settling and then melting.

Archived