The beginning of the end?

PTID1862

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

The all conquering English Premier League is now in the spotlight again for the wrong reasons... you can forget all the latest signings, we all know that the only thing supporting that league is money, from broadcasting and from sponsorship.... This latest article says that most of the premier league clubs do not cater sufficiently for disabled fans, in fact some of them behave abhorrently.

Lord Holmes is going to be writing to sponsors and broadcasters partners to try and persuade them to withdraw their support for the league and the way things are on this topic. Is this likely to succeed, we all know that big business does not like its name to be associated with all the negativity and the real bad publicity that can come.... here is the article...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33570273

Just another reason for me to dislike the Premier league... but what do you guys n gals think, will this do any good, where does your moral compass point with this....

have your say...

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Some Premiership clubs do a great deal for disabled fans, I know this as a fact.

If you want to make it fairer, set standards and apply rules with 'real' consequences for not sticking by them. That said, support groups I know of have been to quite a few Premiership teams and really been treated as V.I.P's. A hard of hearing person I know, regularly goes to see Manchester United and they have ways to allow him to listen to the game (I am lead to believe this is even available at Notts).

The last thing we will want is for the league to suffer, as the lower leagues will suffer just as much, if not worse.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

iT'S NOT JUST IN FOOTBALL

Poor facilities for disabled are not restricted just to football grounds!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Its far worse outside of football/soccer in the states, in fact sports over cater very well for disabled people.

I just think if they start losing the cash, then they may do something about it

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i doubt anything could kill football, its popularity is in the interest and fans.

It is only the Premier League I would see killed off, and is that football? or is football grass roots and lower leagues?

Archived