Music - Haven't Heard In Ages

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

On holiday we usually sit outside pubs if the weathers nice. Otherwise we choose pubs more with the kids in mind. We quite often go out  all together but separate and meet up again later. Experience has taught us what times to avoid certain pubs(we all make a mental note of what's on where as we go along) It's always fairly busy at the weekends when we go to Skeg but being September it settles down during the week , especially the second week.

As i've said previously, the pubs seem to change each year.

2  years ago we started going in The Beachcomber again because there was something for the kids to do. I was very pleasantly surprised by the beer-Bass of all things-Grandma couldn't believe it (I used to walk straight past Bass pubs). Last year it was Boddingtons (bearable).

The Oasis at the top end of Ingoldmells  had Hobgoblin on last year -smashing

I'll be getting told of by Joe soon for staying off topic.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Oh yes, Hobgoblin, now you're talking. :thumbsup:

Just to keep us on topic I'm a big Rolling Stones fan too, I love their music.

I prefer their earlier stuff. I must admit I'm not familiar with their recent efforts.I loved their first 4 or 5 albums.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Sounds like all of us in skeggy Tony, we tend to avoid the busy noisy pubs and prefer to sit away from most people. Its nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine too, but the pubs without loud music are now far between.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

My grandfather liked Country music and Irish.

He once made me a tape of his favourites that he had taped off the radio, I didn't really appreciate this at first and it took a couple of weeks for the songs to grow on me and for me to actually listen to them all. Songs like "How far is heaven", "The Good Book" and the following I will share.

[center]http://youtu.be/pNd6zhZ_iPc

^ @super_ram will like this, he loves Irish music.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Super just played it for me.That was one of your Grandad's favourites.Thanks for reminding me. :heart:

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Supporter+

I like Irish Country music too, I've got a couple Dubliners albums and a Furey's. Also a big Pogues fan.

I've got several Dubliners and loads of Fureys too,Tony.First saw Finbar and Eddie(Furey) at a folk club in Bradford in 1972.It was the first time I'd heard the Uillean pipes and they 'blew me away' I enjoyed them so much that I went to see them again at a small folk club in Brighouse(near Bradford) the following night.Sat on the front row and was in heaven all night.Even had a long chat with them both during the interval. Really nice guys.You may also like Planxty-they've split up now-but I think you'll like them. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

I've got several Dubliners and loads of Fureys too,Tony.First saw Finbar and Eddie(Furey) at a folk club in Bradford in 1972.It was the first time I'd heard the Uillean pipes and they 'blew me away' I enjoyed them so much that I went to see them again at a small folk club in Brighouse(near Bradford) the following night.Sat on the front row and was in heaven all night.Even had a long chat with them both during the interval. Really nice guys.You may also like Planxty-they've split up now-but I think you'll like them. :thumbsup:

I've not heard of them, I'll look them up.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

When I first met Super I was only aware of music I heard on the radio or TV.Super soon introduced me to folk clubs and a lot of other music I was not familiar with.Now i share his enthusiasm and taste for not just  folk but all kinds of  music.Although I like the Irish pipes Super does sometimes drive me mad.

My Dad (Joe's grandfather) and Super were always talking about music or football.

Archived