Match Discussion: Game 33 - The Pilgrims (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

It was so ironic. 

The Mrs said to me "as soon as Stoke score we're going out, you  can still listen to the game". 

They scored almost exactly the same time 

We both turned off our matches and boggered off. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Have to say despite being naturaly dissapointed with the result I left Home Park yesterday very much heartened by the performance. It was a game I really didn't think we deserved to lose. We more than matched Plymouth throughout and certainly deserved at least a point.

First half very little of note happened. Pymouth couldn't break us down and we did a good job of keeping their fans quiet. If anything we had the better chances, although they weren't what you'd call clear cut. Unfortunately we were still asleep at the start of the second half and conceeded a very soft goal. Feared we might fold in the second half but credit where credits due we kept our heads up, we continued to play some good stuff, but it just wouldn't quite fall for us in the box. If your looking to be critical we probably didn't test their keeper as much as we'd like to have but to be fair he was well protected by his defence. 

Naturally the longer it went we began to commit more men forwards but we looked well organised and always got back in numbers when we lost possesion.

On the whole it was a massive improvement on recent games. I'd actually say it was a better all round performance than what I saw from us at Crawley and Luton, we just didn't get that bit of luck in the box.

A bit more in the final third and we should be able to pick up 3 points on Tuesday night. Realistically we should be turning Dagenham over comfortably, and if we dont then we have bigger problems than we realised. Hopefully the fans get behind them from the start on Tuesday as oppose to sitting back waiting for an excuse to get on their backs

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

@weymouthPIE  A very balanced and well put review of the game...progress, but still really disappointed about the result , however, feeling positive about Tuesday and , especially Saturday, as I will be flying down to Nottingham to see the Bristol Rovers game with my friend...be happy to catch up with some of you and buy you a pint

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I didn't expect anything from this but I'm encouraged from what I've heard, particularly that the players picked themselves up after a couple of really poor matches. Hopefully we can carry on the improvement.

Obviously I can't comment on Saturday's match, but I was very impressed with Plymouth earlier in the season. They don't look flashy, amazing or even particularly special, but they're well-organised, solid at the back and a complete menace on the break - exactly the kind of team that ends up celebrating at the end of the season.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 28/02/2016 at 17:41, weymouthPIE said:

Hopefully the fans get behind them from the start on Tuesday as oppose to sitting back waiting for an excuse to get on their backs

I for one will try to join in any positive singing, problem is few are prepared to get involved after being disappointed. I know what you're saying, it seems some are keen to do as you say but only a minority. Likewise, it's only a minority whom really want to make a difference. I know of fans who try to be positive, yet sometimes the support to lift the moment is there.

It's like fans attacking fans for expressing opinions, currently with how people feel - it's just one of those things we need to move on from.

I'd rather focus on the football myself, as most say - if they got down and did their bits people would back them. We need to see them go into the game and be positive, support will come because it's what fans do.

Let's hope we don't allow the opposition in.

Edited by super_ram
  • Like 1