Fans to blame ?

Turkey_Twizzler

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Shaun Derry got us to 3rd in league 1 then we dropped down and down to 21st and fans called for him to be sacked

Under moniz we were safely mid-table but conceded 2 goals or more in 8 consecutive games and had only won away once all season. Fans called for him to be sacked

We then get Fullerton who plays poor football, takes us on a run of 7 games without a win but won 3 away from home. Fans hatted him and got him out

We now have Mark Cooper and finally realise the players are not good enough

Are we the fans to blame for our downfall ? Have we ever given a manager a proper chance ? With Moniz it didn't look like we were going to improve but we have now dropped down into a potential relegation battle

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

I said something similar to @notts-joe on a different thread.

IF we lose to Wycombe on Monday....I hope the fans don't start moaning again.

I think some of them smell blood and are flexing their muscles.

MC needs time.....and we aren't going to get relegated any time soon.....fingers crossed!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

You say about managers "Fans called for him to be sacked", but how many fans was it?  I have only ever called for two managers to be given the boot, McParland and Fullarton.  The problem with messageboards is that it only takes a dozen or so to repeatedly post "XXXXXX OUT" and it seems to be the general opinion.  The only manager I've been certain the vast majority wanted to see the back of was Fullarton.  Ray Trew has always been trigger happy regarding managers right from the ridiculously early sacking of Craig Short, so to answer your question I'd say the blame lies with him more than the fans.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

2 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

You say about managers "Fans called for him to be sacked", but how many fans was it?  I have only ever called for two managers to be given the boot, McParland and Fullarton.  The problem with messageboards is that it only takes a dozen or so to repeatedly post "XXXXXX OUT" and it seems to be the general opinion.  The only manager I've been certain the vast majority wanted to see the back of was Fullarton.  Ray Trew has always been trigger happy regarding managers right from the ridiculously early sacking of Craig Short, so to answer your question I'd say the blame lies with him more than the fans.

I think my point is this:

It takes a long time for Notts fans to get totally peed-off......look at how many rookie managers we've had?.....and yes, the only one that was universally condemned was Fullarton....but now the "fans" ARE fed up.

MC needs time, we have another 2 tough matches which we may lose....before we start playing some mediocre teams.

We could be playing Stevenage having lost 3 straight games and conceded 10 goals!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If you do well, you earn a contract extension but the opposite end means you will be fired.

It's not the 'fans' fault, it never has been but a combination of things are to blame. I didn't call for Shaun Derry to be sacked but really, the home record he achieved any other side would have. We need a bit of stability and togetherness, not pointing the finger.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Good thread , not at all the fans fault , its a results driven industry the results have been poor in the main getting people sacked , but enough is enough fans need to be supportive now more than ever even though some may still be angry at performances , the season is nearly over calmness is now the order of the day surely , then at the end things can be sorted new owners or current owners 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I totally agree its a results game and I'm not pointing fingers but I think us the fans play a big part on how much time a manager is given

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

9 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I totally agree its a results game and I'm not pointing fingers but I think us the fans play a big part on how much time a manager is given

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

No, I know.

Just saying bud, my comment wasn't directed at anyone here.

Archived