Club looked sellable today

ivansneck

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, liampie said:

what do you think about the way colin put his comments across on match talk? he made it sound very much like ray is ignoring him.

i am sure ray is busy, thanks for posting the above.

well, like I said, I didn't hear it. And he never asked me when he saw me, so I hadn't understood he was upset about it. Fact remains, if he is busy, with his phone turned off, its not a snub and people should really understand that when he's in negotiations, all he can say is that they are ongoing, if anything at all. No one at the office would have anything to say on the matter, and I'm not aware of CS having calls ignored. Most buyers wouldn't want it all out there before its a done deal.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Hi PoundPie, so it is safe to assume that negotiations are still ongoing. Are we allowed to know if it is with more than one potential buyer? Would the club tell us if negotiations were no longer being conducted due to differences?

Many thanks

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, ivansneck said:

I knew 'sellable' was wrong, but had one of those ever-more-frequent moments when I couldn't think of the right word!!

I'll say senility before my son @Blackville can beat me to it...

Hmmm, I also thought sellable looked 'wrong', but then consider this...

The club looked sellable today, so the Trews will be able to sell it.

The club looked saleable today, so the Trews will be able to sale it.

The club looked saleable today, so the Trews will be able to sell it.

The second and third sentence don't sound right to me, so maybe sellable is correct after all?

It's things like this that keep me awake at night.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

The other thing that keeps me awake is whether these American buyers would be in it for the long term for the joy of owning a Football club. Do they want to see a return on their investment. Are the two things mutually exclusive? 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

8 hours ago, Riverleeno said:

The other thing that keeps me awake is whether these American buyers would be in it for the long term for the joy of owning a Football club. Do they want to see a return on their investment. Are the two things mutually exclusive? 

Anyone that believes they will see a profit on buying Notts County should seek mental help ASAP

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The big fear of an American ownership is leverage. Scardino's purchase of Notts may have been based on the assumption that he could borrow against the assets of the company. However we don't own our ground so that rules that out. Other football clubs have run into enormous troubles by borrowing against future season ticket revenues. Another warning sign. "Investment" needs to be a cash injection, with no strings attached, not loans at ridiculous interest rates. 

Archived