Match Discussion: Game 45 - The Exiles (A)

PON_News

Game 45 - The Exiles (A)

Team: Newport County

Date: 30/04/16

Where: Rodney Parade

What line-up should Mark Cooper opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Long trip. Is it the longest away trip of the season? Answers on a postcard or post it here which makes more sense......

2-1 to Notts I reckon. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

Long trip. Is it the longest away trip of the season? Answers on a postcard or post it here which makes more sense......

2-1 to Notts I reckon. 

This season it's the 8th longest trip (If I've checked correctly) for Notts fans for League 2 matches.It's 147.6 miles to Newport and 253. 5 miles to Plymouth,wth Morecambe(148.3),Gillingha(167.8),Carlisle(185.3)Portsmouth(193.3),Yeovil(193.7) and Exeter(213.3) in between.--It's miserable and cold outside and I'm at a loose end at the moment!

• Like 1

Can we write the game off?

We need a bit of optimism from this going into the Carlisle game, however I don't really see it happening. I just hope Newport don't thrash us, which would be a bad result. Still, I would like to see some of the youngsters given more time and please don't start Alan Smith alone up front.

That's my only wish. 3-1 to them is my prediction!

A dour 1-1 draw is my prediction. Notts play the second half with ten men after the recalled Roy Carroll headbutts the tea lady at half time.

Hope the young guns get the chance today , nothing to worry about send them out to have a real go , here goes notts to win it 3-2 , someone wake me up I must be dreaming COYP 

We could do with seeing more energy up front, if Stead and McLeod are seriously injured - our best option is to find someone with pace.

If Alan Smith starts there again, I'll go into despair.

Pleased for the goalscorer who's worked his socks off for the community and deserves the run in the first team.

I wonder who that is?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

Pleased for the goalscorer who's worked his socks off for the community and deserves the run in the first team.

I wonder who that is?

Hopefully he is playing for Notts next season!

• Like 1

"Genaro snijders isn't the answer to our problems he just has a fancy name that sounds good" that's what someone was saying last week, well mr snijders has just won us the game! Yes its a meaningless game but a wins a win!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Supporter+

Happy with that. No game is meaningless. Might be enough to get MC the job permanently.

• Like 3

Well pleased for Genaro, he has deserved to have had more of a chance this season and hopefully he will start again next week and give Cooper something to think about over the summer (if he stays).

• Like 3

On 27/04/2016 at 12:24, super_ram said:

This season it's the 8th longest trip (If I've checked correctly) for Notts fans for League 2 matches.It's 147.6 miles to Newport and 253. 5 miles to Plymouth,wth Morecambe(148.3),Gillingha(167.8),Carlisle(185.3)Portsmouth(193.3),Yeovil(193.7) and Exeter(213.3) in between.--It's miserable and cold outside and I'm at a loose end at the moment!

It always seems longer when you have to leave England to get there, and in the case of Newport go back 60 years in time.