PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,277
  • Days Won:  80

Game 7 - Stanley (H)

Team: Accrington Stanley

Date: 10/09/16

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should John Sheridan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Looking forward to this game.

The Stanley fans are always up for it and usually its a good game between us. I'm hoping to see the improvements that have been made, whilst just watching a decent standard of performance. It's hard to call at this stage but I am feeling very positive.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

4 hours ago, notts-joe said:

The Stanley fans are always up for it .

True, I hope we give them both a very warm welcome.

The JS stand is going to look a bit different to the Grimsby game!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

After the highs of last year, Stanley are back in familiar territory this season i.e. the bottom half of the table. There's a good chance they will be in a relegation battle. Wouldn't surprise me if they got relegated. Our last 3 games at home against them have been draws. I think we'll cruise to a 3-1 win this time around. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

After the highs of last year, Stanley are back in familiar territory this season i.e. the bottom half of the table. There's a good chance they will be in a relegation battle. Wouldn't surprise me if they got relegated. Our last 3 games at home against them have been draws. I think we'll cruise to a 3-1 win this time around. 

I believe they lost their two best players to rangers, or at least windass went to rangers and he was a big part of their success last year

Supporter+

Matt Crooks went to Rangers as well. Think that's his name.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Need to take the advantage right from the start and stop playing catch up. Get the ball out of defence and play our football in their half of the pitch I think was Warnock's saying and it's still true today, but we have a weakness with Collin's kicking at the moment.

Hoping for our first home league win tomorrow and I think we will get it if we play high tempo football and move the ball forwards quickly, which may mean sacrificing Stanley for the game as a starter.

Poor start by us.

Again we are holding off them, which is allowing the opposition to play neat one-two football. Accrington aren't amazing, far from it but they are playing as a team.

We seem to be rushing everything, which is disappointing and poor.

The crowds getting on the players back, yet they are still not showing anything. Very poor goal to concede, what Collins was doing I'll never know.

Supporter+

Awful result. No other way to describe it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Shocking today, Colin is awful in goal, no leadership on the pitch, Rodman? Forte only player who looked capable of creating anything, crowds at the lowest for years, and that's the positives , I would take 3rd bottom now .

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

One aspect of our play was the amount of times in the second half there was no player on the edge of the Accrington D of penalty area. Alan Smith taught Noble to delay his runs,,,, we had no one ever close to this space today

@Piethagoram We just passed the ball around wastefully - after working the ball into good positions, ones which we could advance and run at them (which I feel Accrington would have struggled with) we passed back, then after a short time the ball would go to the win and it would be lost or knocked out.

Notts lacked leadership in the midfield.

Why do we insist on standing off players? By the 65-70 minute many of the players on the pitched seemed tired. Perhaps if they didn't chase shadows and stand off the opposition - yet stood up, got stick in and tried to defend more energy would be reserved for when we attacked. Mind, it seemed like we had never seen a ball before some of the time. Fans near me joked about how Fullarton's football was better (which it wasn't).

Yet the game was by far one of the worst I have ever seen in my life.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

They played like strangers today. There was no pass and move, it was a case of lump it up front and hope that Oliver wins it, but when he did there was nobody supporting him! 

There was just no urgency in our play and so many had off days against a very ordinary Accrington side that JS should have changed it at half time. Time after time we were short in midfield and losing the second ball as Forte and Rodman gave no support to the central two, but in my mind Forte is a striker and not a winger, so it isn't in his game to work hard for the midfield.

Collin inspires no confidence as a keeper as his kicking and positional sense are pretty poor and I now don't have any doubt that Loach is a far better keeper in every aspect and I can't understand why he has not been given a game yet, surely his time cannot be far away.

I will also add that Audel isn't a right back and we are so easy to defend against because we have no natural width, so everything has to go through the middle where a 5 man midfield just gobbles it up.

Not sure what JS can do to change it, but he needs to find a way to bolster our midfield at home. Maybe 352 with Duffy, Laing and Dickinson as the back three, which would allow us to have O'Connor and two of Tootle/Aborah/Milsom in the middle of the park (until Skirtz is fit) might help? 

I thought Rico talked a lot of sense post match today and was basically asking the same questions of the players that we were asking.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i have never walked out early but i did yesterday.

the game was awful, it was not like accrington played well but they just did the right things where it mattered. you could tell it meant more to them to get the points. notts just looked flat and clueless. i do not understand why we took stead off, the young lad needs someone like him around. i hate to say it but the squad seriously lacks any quality to be anything more than this.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

We were just poor, and there was no reason as to why. We were unbeaten in 4 after all but we were lacking in all areas, a game like yesterday really needed a Stanley or smith to keep the ball and get us ticking

@ohstanleyaborah your not the first to say this.

I lost count of how many fans said (even at half time) we needed a battler like Alan Smith on the field. Problem I see, we lacked movement there and having him on the field would give us someone who can win and put the fear of god into them - yet his immobility would only cause further issues. What we needed in my opinion was pace on the flanks, two proper defenders in the right and left back positions and someone who wasn't afraid to run at Accrington.