Match Discussion: EFL Northern Group F - The Dale (A)

PON_News

EFL Northern Group F - The Dale (A)

Team: Rochdale AFC

Date: 04/10/16

Where: Spotland Stadium

What line-up should John Sheridan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I don't care. I hope the crowd is 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Supporter+

Agreed. Avoid injuries. That is all.

• Like 1

Do we have Sunderland in this? I know people don't care about the cup but winning games can impact momentum and allow things to gel away from it.

It gives us a chance to play some fringe players without breaking the balance of the squad that is winning games in the league. I don't think the attendance will be good but sooner or later something will give.

• Like 1

I forgot this was even happening, i just assumed we weren't playing this Tuesday, just give some of the younger lads a go, give snijders and Campbell a run out up front, just don't get anyone injured before Mansfield

minimum of 5 first team players, according to the rules. An interesting question, does the default 5 counting position go back to the Exeter game as Saturday's game was abandoned? 

So Hollis, Laing, Aborah, Milsom, Forte form my 5, providing Saturday's game as basis

Team

Loach

Laing Hollis Audel

Richards Aborah, Milsom Atkinson, Snijders

Forte, Gibson

• Like 1

i hope we just give some of the other background players a chance and that we end up being knocked out. trust us to be one of the few teams who take it seriously despite fans not wanting it.

The only interest for me is that we don't get injuries for the league , Stags away Saturday is much more interesting to think about so no key players injured is all I want . 

Play five first teamers, but tell them not to tackle, or get tackled as it is paramount that they don't get injured. Fill the rest of the side with fringe players who can do all the tackling and running. You can guarantee that Murray will be telling his side again not to tackle, so the last thing we need for the weekend is two players out who would normally start. 

I would even be tempted to play Collin in order only to put four outfield players at risk.

• Like 1

agree with @Fozzy but is there not rules about fielding a "weaker" team? we may not be able to do this.

Team

Loach,

Hewitt, Laing, Hollis,

Milsom, Richards, Aborah (C), Burke, Campbell,

Oliver, Forte

Hopefully this holds no impact on our form, yet I can't help but feel it is poor to go 1-0 up and then to allow the team you was beating to take the lead 2-1.

Are we out of this abysmal cup yet?

Supporter+
8 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Hopefully this holds no impact on our form, yet I can't help but feel it is poor to go 1-0 up and then to allow the team you was beating to take the lead 2-1.

Are we out of this abysmal cup yet?

I don't think so. I don't know what the format is. I'd imagine it's 2 to go through?

As it's a group we aren't out as yet , a win away at Sunderland would see notts through , don't think personally it will have any impact on our league form , bring on Mansfield Saturday , hope we are bang up for it , I'm sure we will be , and let's hope for a better result than last season , COYP 

• Like 1

Pity to miss out on 10k win bonus that victory at Rochdale. Listening to Uncle Colin and Stall, the latter said at half time Burke was anonymous... ( how many times in Burke's Notts career have I heard that).

Campbell again cannot score despite his work rate. I would not be surprised if JF makes some tough decisions as early as January.