Goodbye Stanley and Thank You

ivansneck

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Your loyalty is admirable (though misplaced imho), but this is what Nolan said about him "If I am being honest, I thought his training and the way he carries himself didn't suit me as a man.  He's a lovely fella, but there were numerous opportunities when I asked a bit more from him and I just feel he didn't take it on board".  That's from someone who worked with him close up, and seemed to be the opinion of every other manager since Moniz.  It's interesting to see you talk about when he first arrived - I've said many times that since the moment Moniz was (unfairly) sacked, Stanley lost all interest in playing for Notts. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,483
  • Days Won:  287

There's only one way to settle this dispute once and for all.

FIGHT!

Fight!_Fight!_Fight!_etc..gif

1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

There's only one way to settle this dispute once and for all.

FIGHT!

You could be right!  It's funny, but me and @Piethagoram seem to agree on most things, but our opinions on Mr Aborah couldn't be further apart.  I suppose the closest we'll get to an answer is to see where he goes next.  If he really is the supremely gifted player his fan club claim and Barcelona make him an offer I'll have to eat humble pie!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  333
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @NottsGeezerCal

I honestly can't believe this debates still going on BUT now it's time for my input..

Stanley Aborah on his day when he first arrived WOW! What a player, twists, turns, amazing control, could pick out pass, harassed other teams. Then Moniz got sacked and the passes became sideways passes, the twists and turns became pointless turns into trouble, the harassing of other teams became "oh we've lost the ball I can't be bothered to chase it down", the breaking up of play stopped, he wouldn't play if he had a cold(why Sheridan stopped playing him), he became a lazy luxury player living off past glories.

Verdict - Stanley Aborah was a very talented but lazy mercenary player (yes he was a mercenary player for us, he didn't care about Notts or the fans).

4 minutes ago, TheFostarr94 said:

I honestly can't believe this debates still going on BUT now it's time for my input..

Stanley Aborah on his day when he first arrived WOW! What a player, twists, turns, amazing control, could pick out pass, harassed other teams. Then Moniz got sacked and the passes became sideways passes, the twists and turns became pointless turns into trouble, the harassing of other teams became "oh we've lost the ball I can't be bothered to chase it down", the breaking up of play stopped, he wouldn't play if he had a cold(why Sheridan stopped playing him), he became a lazy luxury player living off past glories.

Verdict - Stanley Aborah was a very talented but lazy mercenary player (yes he was a mercenary player for us, he didn't care about Notts or the fans).

Brilliant post.  Why didn't I just say that instead of making 100 posts on the subject!

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,961
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pompey-sign-former-notts-county-midfielder-stanley-aborah-3576274.aspx

@Elite_pie Cook at Portsmouth a good judge of a player. Stan had "other offers too". Good to see professionals in the game rating Stan!😂

It will be interesting to see how he gets on there - I'm sure you'll keep us posted!

Archived