Goodbye Stanley and Thank You

ivansneck

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually rated Stanley, and personally I felt he should have always been in or around the squad.

Sometimes players just aren't given enough chance, whilst people point the finger at a players faults - for me he had more in favour and if we had better players in and around him. I think it would have made a massive difference. Certainly I doubt we would have noticed the negatives as much!

Good luck to him.

Warnock said recently you need your"difficult to handle" players as they tend to be the most skilled. Even in our darkest recent losing run, the arrogance of JS in refusing to pick him...Yes I know he was injured for a few games...

At least I was at Grimsby to see his final appearance, a delightful clipped free kick headed for the top corner. I sensed the writing was on the wall, when he wasn't used as a sub last weekend.

#StanleyIn will not be retired. Good luck and presumably you are Eindhoven bound. Will be making a trip to see if that is the case

Sorry to break the praise, but personally I'm delighted to see the back of him.  Without doubt the most overrated player I've seen in 46 years of watching Notts.  It was apparent he lost interest the minute Moniz was sacked, ever since then he's been a waste of a shirt.  Talented but with an attitude that stinks, we need players with heart rather than ego.

Sorry @Elite_pie "most overrated player I've seen..."???, I respond with Hackworthless, Caskey, amongst others.... So in the midst of our long losing run, you still preferred our other creativeless ordinary midfielders? Even you begrudgingly acknowledged Stan's ability to suck in opposition players when he was in possession on a prior thread. The appalling home form since Moniz's leaving without Stan playing IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.

In hindsight, the removal of Ricardo was Raymundo's worst decision..No wonder Stan threw his toys out of the pram when The Undertaker was appointed, with his coffinesque brand of football.

Much that I agree with 99% of @Elite_pie's musings, he is just so wrong on Stan 😂

On 01/02/2017 at 05:35, Piethagoram said:

Warnock said recently you need your"difficult to handle" players as they tend to be the most skilled. Even in our darkest recent losing run, the arrogance of JS in refusing to pick him...Yes I know he was injured for a few games...

At least I was at Grimsby to see his final appearance, a delightful clipped free kick headed for the top corner. I sensed the writing was on the wall, when he wasn't used as a sub last weekend.

#StanleyIn will not be retired. Good luck and presumably you are Eindhoven bound. Will be making a trip to see if that is the case

I'm going over to Holland soon and hopefully will be taking in a match at the Jan Louwers stadium, hoping to get to speak to Ricardo also.

@Northants Pie Really would be interesting to interview Ricardo.....

Questions needed to be asked:

Why was your previous coaching job at 1860 Munich so short?

What was your working relationship with Kevan and Yates like?

Were there obvious frictions in the Transfer Committee especially with Brano?

What was the database like of scouting like when you first arrived?

On reflection do you think you were too loyal in bringing in former players that you have managed and should have been more focused on identifying players say in Poland/ Hungary that had played well against your team?

Have you changed your thinking as to how to set up teams away from home?

21 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

As FC Eindhoven have won only 3 of their 11 away matches conceding 28 goals along the way, I'd suggest the answer to that is "no"!

I enjoyed watching Aborah on the occasions when I saw him play, but in spite of his talent he seldom stays anywhere for more than a season and there's probably a reason for that. Good luck to him nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Sorry @Elite_pie "most overrated player I've seen..."???, I respond with Hackworthless, Caskey, amongst others.... So in the midst of our long losing run, you still preferred our other creativeless ordinary midfielders? Even you begrudgingly acknowledged Stan's ability to suck in opposition players when he was in possession on a prior thread. The appalling home form since Moniz's leaving without Stan playing IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.

In hindsight, the removal of Ricardo was Raymundo's worst decision..No wonder Stan threw his toys out of the pram when The Undertaker was appointed, with his coffinesque brand of football.

Much that I agree with 99% of @Elite_pie's musings, he is just so wrong on Stan 😂

The "overrated" tag is based on some of laughable descriptions I read on Aborah, such as "by far the best midfielder outside the Championship"!  He did a few fancy turns, created next to nothing and thought tracking back was beneath him.  There is a reason no Notts manager since Moniz has selected him, and no manager anywhere has wanted to sign him - he's an overrated show pony whose negatives far outweigh his positives.

2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

On reflection do you think you were too loyal in bringing in former players that you have managed and should have been more focused on identifying players say in Poland/ Hungary that had played well against your team?

I was thinking more along the lines off, are Guy & Ray the bellends we all think they are?

1 hour ago, Elite_pie said:

The "overrated" tag is based on some of laughable descriptions I read on Aborah, such as "by far the best midfielder outside the Championship"!  He did a few fancy turns, created next to nothing and thought tracking back was beneath him.  There is a reason no Notts manager since Moniz has selected him, and no manager anywhere has wanted to sign him - he's an overrated show pony whose negatives far outweigh his positives.

How come he created so much for Moniz then? 

I suppose it comes down to what you want in a player? Talent and skill or just energy?

If he'd have played alongside Neal Bishop then we would have been able to see his full potential, so many times he got the ball then had to turn back as his fellow players weren't quick enough in thought 

anyone could argue the point about his ability or lack of it.

hes gone now and i hope we can replace his quality with someone who nolan likes and can mould into a more suitable player. i like stanley aborah and i really dont think life is always one sided, people may not like because he wanted to play but that does not answer why we did not play him or why he was not released sooner.

if he was a bad egg why did the trews allow him to stay? after his interview i bet they wanted to get rid.

3 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

He didn't.  Under Moniz he scored ONE goal and created ONE goal.

And that was his 'good' spell!

And I thought you had a good appreciation for the game, so his contribution and anyone elses for that matter can only be judged by how many passes lead directly to goals?

11 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I can answer the first one as a '60' fan. The club was in turmoil behind the scenes (and still is). Nobody stays long there at the moment - except the fans...

4 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

And I thought you had a good appreciation for the game, so his contribution and anyone elses for that matter can only be judged by how many passes lead directly to goals?

No, I've explained many times why I saw him as a waste of a shirt.  I realise I'm in a minority of one on here in not singing his praises, but just have a read of what Kevin Nolan has to say about his departure.

I took some stick on here some time ago about Aborah and I for one think Notts will fair much better without him.

A poisonous influence and also an individual who was disingenuous with the fans at Meadow Lane which I thought was unforgivable 

Its easy to tell fans who support the players about what a great guy you are, how much you want to play and how much you love the club ...but its an entirely different matter convincing managers, staff and players who see you every day...and more importantly , see your attitude ( or lack of it)

He let JF down badly even though the manager tried to protect him and the fans , at the time, decided to side with Aborah and I get why...I really do

Events since then have shown Aborah for what he is , surplus, a luxury and not a team player.

Notts need all hands to the wheel now more than ever , Aborah wasn't and isnt interested in doing the hard yards so farewell to him.

For those who didnt believe JF back then, listen to the words of Kevin Nolan about Aborah and ask yourself once more ....what reason would fullarton have to lie at a time when he needed his 'best' players? (and dont say fullarton didnt want to play football)

Bye Bye Stanley , you're someone elses issue now , I think Notts are well shot ..onwards and upwards !

Archived