Match Discussion: Game 30 - The Robins (H)

PON_News

Game 30 - The Robins (H)

Team: Cheltenham Town

Date: 11/02/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Notts will win. I'm not basing that on anything solid, just a gut feeling. Should be a bumper crowd. 2-1. Ameobi with both goals.

• Like 1

Hope training has been sharp this week and I also hope KN changes things up somewhat , would like to see Grant start for sure need some creativity and I hope he can provide some ,  think it will be a close game and I think the big crowd can help drag them over the line , 2-1 to NOTTS , COYP , 

Some direct players who can do some running would be a welcome change @Riverleeno.

Would anyone want to see Mark Yeates start? Should Jon Stead be rested?

Well as predictions in Notts favour mostly come back and slap me in the face, i'm just going to say i hope and pray we win. COYP.

• Like 1

Been to work just behind the ground this morning , early start finished at 11 , been to ticket office got 3 tickets for my son daughter and myself , revved up now and ready to make some noise in the kop to back the lads to a much needed Victory , COYP 

• Like 2

I'm hoping we can get a good performance under our belts, against Crawley we came alive in the second half and I'd just like to see Notts play consistently for both halfs. If we can create chances, we should score but I do feel nervous (almost like I am expecting to be disappointed).

Will Nolan start? I think today could be a good chance to see what he offers.

Give some of the faster loanees a chance, perhaps even Grant in the middle? We need to make sure we have the quality to go forward. The backwards passing tends to take its toll, so hopefully inspiring the kop will make today all the more enjoyable (if the rain and performances come).

• Like 1

Enjoyed that , 3 much needed and deserved points , showed some quality in parts , liked the young lad from Arsenal , Bola , looked comfortable on the ball and released it well when he could , the team battled well , keep it up you pies 😂

• Like 2

It was great to be leading 2-0 at half time, plus the win was a massive lift.

Both half's wasn't pretty or the best, yet we did enough to warrant the win. I had the feeling of dread, even at 2-0 and I just wanted Forte's effort to go in to add some comfortable but the players fought bravely. Cheltenham looked awful, very static and a team of subbuteo could have caused our team more trouble. When they came knocking at 2-1, I felt like 'here we go' but as @weymouthPIE says Notts don't make it easier on themselves.

The game was entertaining, there's always areas that can improve - for me seeing us retaining the ball on the ground would be nice.

I didn't quite get why 90% of our clearances went out for a throw in (usually not far from where the ball was struck), this could be nerves or tactics but there was more passion, fight and dedication today than the majority of home games this season.

The Kop was almost back to how I remember it can, so full energy and inspiring. Good win overall!

• Like 3

The kop was brilliant , I really enjoyed it , the backing is important for us and maybe intimidating for the away team , good to see happy faces leaving the Lane 

Great day yesterday, the first half as the best I've seen from us this season. That's not saying much given how low the bar has been set I know but it was a vast improvement. Second half we did sit back a bit too much for my liking but thankfully Cheltenham were poor and rarely threatened. We had great chances to finish it off on the break, but in typical notts fashion we have to make it a nervous finale! Still, a massive 3 points. A great turnout and a brilliant atmosphere too. The whole ground was rocking, even the Pavis was chanting. And how nice was it to see home fans in County Road again too? 

By no means are we sae yet but we'e giving ourselves a fighting chance. Whatever Nolans doing the players are clearly buying into it. Long may it continue

• Like 3

Good to hear Notts fans were in the Sirrel stand again - in the section nearest to the Kop? The atmosphere sounded superb on the radio, it must have given the players a massive lift.

• Like 1

@DangerousSausage Gary Johnson the Cheltenham manager commented on it in the Football League Paper "you could see they were eager to get going...there was a big crowd in too. It just showed the importance of a partisan support".

Third highest attendance in League 2 Saturday behind only Portsmouth (as you'd expect) and the Devon derby.

It was a great atmosphere and the players rose to the occasion.

• Like 1