End season optimism>close season progress>new season expectation?

super_ram

With the amazing turnaround in fortune for Notts, after the takeover by Alan Hardy and appointment of Kevin Nolan, there came a sudden feeling of optimism returning to Meadow Lane.There's still a lot of business to be done, with the transfer window remaining open until the end of August, and players still have to report back for pre season training but how do you feel things are progressing.What are your expectations for next season? Close season can be almost as much of a roller coaster ride as the season proper as fans hopes of signings materialise or fail.Then there are the pre season friendlies which strengthen or diminish hopes.At the moment ,with more signings expected ,I'll just say I 'm hoping for a serious promotion push by both of my sides. How often and by how much will my/your expectations change come the beginning of August?

18 hours ago, TheFostarr94 said:

@super_ram the lack of signings/players we're being linked with is concerning. As it stands I can't see us mounting a play off push, we need much more quality.. However my opinion could change within the next week..

@TheFostarr94 I did say I'd based my hopes on expected signings(whoever that may be) and although the transfer market seems a bit slow at the moment AH has promised signings before the first friendlies. I'm happy with The Rams business so far particularly Andre Wisdom(Medical permitting) The basis of a decent team is already in place  at Meadow Lane though,after all most of the players who  improved under KN have re-signed.The best laid plans don't always go according to plan and I'm sure KN/AH will have more than their fair share of knockbacks but there's still a while to go to the start of the friendlies so I'm afraid that for now a bit/lot of patience is required.:thumbsup:

It's always slow at Notts but this season is promising for the right reasons.

We are not being liked with the stereo-type signings, the clubs working hard to get the media to represent us. Once we can make a couple more big signings (for this division) things should come together. We just need to see hard work on the pitch, it will pay off.

now we have stead and shola upfront, my belief that notts can do well has lifted.

i was a bit down about the lack of quality signings, i cant believe we have only signed two players and these guys would have been playing non league football until we picked them up. thats worrying! tho i think we can start to pick up now and it is early.

i am quite excited about the season ahead, always am.

good luck to derby @super_ram

Archived