Match Discussion: Game 5 - Valiants (A)

PON_News

Game 5 - Valiants (A)

Team: Port Vale

Date: 02/09/17

Where: Vale Park

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I've spoken to a few Port Vale fans, they all seem to share the same downhearted opinion and that is we should find Saturday fairly easy. Yet most Notts fans will be aware that we can't take the game for granted, so we will have to work hard to win.

Personally I can see it being a draw myself.

I also think Jorge Grant should start in a position just behind the strikers, he adds a lot of creativity and he would be wasted out wide against vale in my opinion. We need to be more direct, yet patient with our play. It's also doubtful we will see Forte, or anyone else start in place of Jon Stead. I'm at the stage now whereby I firmly believe Kevin Nolan is holding out for that spark which will make Jon unplayable but honestly I have doubts he will respond without requiring motivation or justification.

If we are looking for play offs or promotion this is one of those games where we have to win. Port Vale look poor so far so we should see this as our 3 points to play for. Having dropped 2 against Stanley this is important we win. Might i also add i predicted the correct score against Stanley lol 2-2, shame i did not put a fiver on it though.

Lineup: Collin / Dickinson - Brisley - Duffy - Jones / Grant - Hewitt - Alessandra - Hawkridge / Ameobi - Stead

Would play Alessandra as a CM because he adapted well for Hartlepool in that position and can always be put up front too. Good all round player to have as he can adapt to a game quickly. Ill go a 3-1 Notts Win

i would play yates ahead of hewitt, but i would hope we change from the stead/ameobi up top. save one of them for when things are working in our favour or we need a bit more experience up top.

17 minutes in it's a nothing game.

Just needless hoofing, with both teams going back and fourth. Notts have looked the more liveliest out of the two but I can see Port Vale cottoning onto how we are directing our play. 

brill result yesterday, its wins like this which will impact our final league position so i am delighted.

Good win but Port Vale could have easily got the victory themselves.

In the first half they had a cracking chance which they wasted and the performance was not good enough. It was an awful game for both teams. Very scrappy.

Didn't get to see the match, but only needed to watch the highlights to see what an impact Dan Jones had on the game. Two moments of defensive brilliance. I know it is only one game, but personally I am very relieved with our start to the season as it doesn't feel like it is over before it has began for the first time in a while. Not getting too carried away, but just very thankful to finally see some more positivity around the players and the fans

Very uninspiring performance but the players kept at it and got the win.

Port Vale don't look like much of a side in league two but I just hope nobody gets carried away. If we win a few or lose one, people just get all OTT.

Port Vale wasn't really bad they just looked like a team without any real ideas.

They could have taken the win for themselves after two early chances which Collin saved and then Jones running back when they was clear through. I am not all that bothered about the performance because the training ground will sort that. At this stage its just good to get the points!