Match Discussion: Game 8 - Red Devils (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,271
  • Days Won:  80

Game 8 - Red Devils (A)

Team: Crawley

Date: 16/09/17

Where: Checkatrade.com Stadium

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I look at this game as an important one to win in order to maintain the momentum. With Lincoln, Exeter and Mansfield coming up as our next three fixtures, 3 points on Saturday would give us the right impetus going forward into those games. I'll go for a hard earned 2-1 win, with Tootle and Forte scoring.

After that, if we can get four, or five points from those three games, that would set us up nicely for an easier October!

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I still think yesterday against Swindon Town highlighted how much we missed Shola, Forte worked hard but we need to play the ball on the ground more - I don't get why we always over hit it and made him give chase but he did well. I think Shola and Forte really could click myself, though Crawley will be a completely different kind of game. They'll try to boss the park and looked to break up the play, we just need to be direct and shoot a little more.

It's fine passing around, though against Swindon we lost some pretty decent chances by overthinking and forcing the play.

I'm very confident even early on.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Notts just needs to keep playing in the same fashion, I am confident things will click then. If we play as we did against Swindon but with a bit more of Wycombe/Chesterfield combined we will be fine.

1-2 Notts win for me!

41 minutes ago, Countyman said:

Do Crawley have any good strikers?

Jordan Roberts is a decent striker.

Typical League Two team Crawley, but Harry Kewell now manages them.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

Collin

Tootle     Duffy     Brisley     Jones

Alessandra Milsom Grant Hawkridge

Stead    Forte

This would do me fine!

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Ill go for the following lineup:

Collin / Jones - Brisley - Duffy - Tootle / Hawkridge - Yates - Grant - Alessandra / Stead - Forte

Hope we can keep this form going and I think at the moment teams will fear us so im going for an optimistic 3-0 win.

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I think Milsom did enough to warrant another run out, I would hope other players who played well against Swindon are rewarded. Just slot Jones back in to replace Dickinson.

It's hard for me to choose, I think both Ryan Yates and Robert Milsom did well against Swindon Town.

Personally though, I think it would be better to go with Milsom as he can hold the ball better - as Yates is more of a passing midfielder. He rarely seems to run with the ball and if he's pressed, well he tends to rush his touches. Good player creating movement and defending, though just not as direct as Milsom is for Notts. I think defensively it also has more merits to play Milsom for the fact he also does move about and defend.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

10 hours ago, magpiejue said:

I hope we win. COYP

another win would be nice, crawley are the type of team we should do well against.

i can see it being like port vale and swindon town, hard to get a grip of the game but we just need to bury any chances.

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Can see this game being tricky in all fairness, similar to Chesterfield, lot of niggly tackles and cards being waved, but Notts should have the mental strength not to unravel, and if they stick to their game and grind away, I reckon a 1-0 win.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

2-1 county but it won't be easy Crawley are a good side and in previous fixtures have proved to be a problem to break down and score against. But at the minute county are riding a streak but as we know the longer the streak the more nervous players can become rather than confedent every team wants to be the one the end it. Coyp

Edited by UnitedPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

The pies should go into this game in confident mood , squad is proving it's strength in depth , good to see we can make changes without it weakening the team , looking good , I'll be interested to see the line up , #in KN we trust  :frantics:

1-2 to the mighty pies 2 changes 

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Hello. Not been on here for a while, been busy, on hols etc - what's happened to

the chatroom? I can't seem to locate it, might be me but I can't find it! Cheers.

It's going well so far, my scouting report seems like I nailed it - so far my prediction for the score/scorer is spot on. :D

Notts lead 1-0 thanks to Jorge Grant!

PS. Match Chat can be reached via the dedicated page - https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/fans/match_chat/

• Like 1

Solid win for Notts.

Will always take the victory over the performance because we have done well before and not got what we deserved. I am 100% sure Kevin Nolan will soon get the performances spot on. What another fantastic win!

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

we cant complain about the performances when we are winning like this.

notts just seems to be a different team this season, perhaps we are finally having a bit of luck now?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Not a game which was easy on the eye, but a win is a win. You don't get any extra points for playing pretty football, 3 points is 3 points. You can tell we've built that winning mentality, and we  have learnt how to dig results out. We're learning how to do jobs against the s**t in this division. These last 4 games, we probably wwould have lost 2 or 3 of them the last couple of seasons. 

It's early days. I'm not getting carried away, after the last few seasons I'm more than happy to enjoy the ride and see where we end up. But this is very much a team to be proud of right now. YP

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

20 minutes ago, weymouthPIE said:

I'm more than happy to enjoy the ride and see where we end up. But this is very much a team to be proud of right now. YP

This is how I feel but the games are very boring to watch sometimes.

The performances should lift as the confidence in the squad builds up.

Yesterday was another fantastic win no matter how you look at it - the fact we are grinding out the results is a positive. Last season we may have gone 1-0, only to concede two very poor goals late on. So, I'm personally delighted and I do think the performances will come. On paper Crawley can be a difficult team to face, just look how they have done against other teams supposedly better than us.

COYP!