Match Discussion: Game 10 - The Grecians (A)

PON_News

Game 10 - The Grecians (A)

Team: Exeter City

Date: 26/09/17

Where: St James Park

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Would imagine we'll have a few knocks after that bruising encounter with Lincoln , squad rotation may well play it's part again , in KN I trust so whatever changes come I'll back , another big game again , it is for Exeter as well after defeat at Coventry, COYP 

Well Exeter lost 2-0 to Coventry on Saturday and the game between us has been building up nicely.

A 1-1 draw seems to be on the cards for me.

Fancy a draw to be honest, Exeter have come a long way since the same fixture last year when they were bottom. Will be interesting to see the line up he chooses, if he does rotate the squad, can’t really see where he will do it as Jones will be out anyway and Forte might be struggling. 

I was more worried about Lincoln City than I was Exeter or Mansfield.

Exeter have a good side, they play in the right way but they're are just a very hard-working League Two team. There's some classy players within their ranks, yet if we did a @NewarkPie and faced both sets of players against each other - I think we'd find it was quite close. People are starting to see the quality within our own ranks, and that is vital for the success as I think even the majority of players are believing in themselves too.

I'd take a draw, yet I find myself thinking if we play the ball on the ground and keep our work rate high - we could surprise people even more.

Not that this is a bad thing at all but i can only see a loss here. I like to be optimistic but lets look at this game. A Tuesday night game in Devon against 2nd in the league who are unbeaten at home this season. We're going to have a real test on our hands, i think itll be a close game but with support unbalanced as i imagine little Notts fans will travel down for this game. I can see this ending up 2-1 Exeter. I hope im wrong though.

My first post, awhile back, talked about the 'lack of pride in wearing the shirt; a 'team' that didn't look like they wanted to play for us and how discouraged I'd been to return to Meadow Lane for the Mansfield game at the beginning of last season' after 40+ years away! (I MISSED the Syrell/Wheeler years and 'atmosphere', quite frankly!)

Well, come August this year, I took the bull by the horns, put me £££ where me mouth is and bought a Season ticket.

And whilst this 'returning Miss Magpie' (secretly) wants to take a little of the credit for the absolute magic that's currently happening at Meadow Lane: I can't help but think that (perhaps) the entrepreneurialism of Alan Hardy, some fantastic decisions he's backed Kevin Nolan (and staff), in; and a team of players who now look/feel like the fighters we needed to make our team 'winners', may have a little something to do with our current good fortune!

I went on Saturday with some trepidation but still felt a 3-2 win, was on the cards. I was right about the 5 goals, at least; but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that we'd see any of the proper smackers that ended up in the back of that net.

I've only ever visited Exeter twice in my life...neither time did I feel inclined to stay for any longer than my business made absolutely necessary. I think this team, our League-leading team: will feel exactly the same.

That in mind, I'm calling a 2 -1 win to us. It'll be an 'in'; 'do the business' and 'get home with 3 more points in the bag'!

COYP!

Take a draw, just don't park the bus.

Exeter will want to prove a point but I feel there will be more pressure on them than on us, they need to come away with a good result and after their hype of the game its only going to make things harder.

1-0 very early on.

It sounds like an Exeter player dived for a penalty, though from what I'm seeing is it could have been given had the player in question not made a meal of it. Brilliant start to the match. Lewis Alessandra take a bow!

At the moment everything's going our way!

3-0! Two goals by Jorge Grant and of course the opener by Lewis Alessandra. Mark Stallard and Charlie Slater labelling the game 'the performance of the season by Notts', well the first half sounded like a write off towards the end but Notts have remained focused and sealed a good display.

:frantics:Omg what a win and performance , strong in defence good going forward getting those goals , Gorge Grants on fire league 2 defences are terrified lol COYP 

wow, 3-0 win over a very decent team. it sounded like we played very well in the second half especially.

so pleased right now!

• Like 1

Surprise start to the game to go 1-0 up minutes into the first half.

I thought the team defended bravely after a shaky period, the players re-group at half time. I don't know what Kevin Nolan said but whatever it was they came back out more determined. Richard Duffy was class tonight! Yet Ryan Yates stole the show for me.

He worked very hard and his engine never stopped.

• Like 1