Match Discussion: Game 18 - The Robins (H)

PON_News

Game 18 - The Robins (H)

Team: Cheltenham Town

Date: 18/11/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Shola back in if he's fit, the disappointment is that Elliot Hewitt will be absent for collecting a fifth yellow.  Hewitt and Yates have formed a good partnership in centre midfield.  Rob Milsom would seem the closest like-for-like replacement.

Shola Ameobi playing would be a massive lift, I am also hopeful that Dan Jones may return.

There's not any other changes which I think are required, yet I hope Notts work hard from the kick off and try to maintain authority over the game. If we control it, it will certainly be much easier.

Inconstancy tends to be a problem for any team(s) in terms of performance, so I hope Cheltenham work hard to impress. I don't underestimate them as a team, they can play some very good football but if we remain organised and structured - this will be one of the better games. If we fail to get a grip of the game, I can see fans leaving early and possibly being bored for some time.

• Like 2

i think we might be lining up another draw here, i dont know why but i just hope we play well.

I trust Milsom to step in for Hewitt and do a good job. A middling League Two team at the Lane as Notts seek out to iron out the flaws from the Stevenage game - I can see a 2-0 win for us.

Hewitt has been in and out all season.

His absence is not worrying, we have plenty of capable players in midfield. I can see the game going various ways but I hope we have enough quality on the pitch to make it only one outcome. We need to grab the win!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countyman said:

Hewitt has been in and out all season.

His absence is not worrying, we have plenty of capable players in midfield. I can see the game going various ways but I hope we have enough quality on the pitch to make it only one outcome. We need to grab the win!

"In and out all season"??????  Hewitt has rarely had a poor game this season, his consistent good performances in centre midfield (and as a stand-in centre-back) are one of the reasons we are where we are in the table.

Hewitt has been a player that has found himself on the bench at times, I also rate him and think he offers a lot in terms of defending - plus crossing the ball.

Yet he's one we shouldn't miss that much, as we have other players capable.

Rob Milsom for me is a much polished player, who does offer some drive going forward. Not much like for like for me, but rotating between them is harmless especially since Hewitt can't play anywho.

Whatever team is put out they need to play football not just hoofingit from the back 

Don’t think Hewitt missing an issue as Milsom more than accomplished replacement. Ameobi fit would be good but Forte more than able replacement but wouldn’t change much more. If play similar to last two home games on the floor then foresee an easy and convincing victory, revert back to hoofball then can see us struggling to find a breakthrough 

• Like 1

Lineup 

Fittz in goal 

Left back: Dickinson 

Centre backs:  Duffy, Brisley 

Right Back: Tootle (The slug) 

Left Attacker: Alessandra 

Midfield: Milson, Yates 

Right Attacker: George Grant 

Strikers: Stead and Ameobi  

I believe This line up will be the best for the game with Grant getting one in via free kick Shola getting  a header in the goal and possibly a thunder strick from Tootle to round the game off at 3-0 because I believe we do have he quality to beat  Cheltenham especially at home where we have our best form.

• Like 1

It's got to be Yates and Milsom who pair in the centre of midfield. Who else is there Curtis Thompson? His days seem to be numbered at Notts.

I also hope that Ameobi returns, we miss him when he doesn't start and no matter how well Stead plays, he just does not offer the same thing. Stead and Ameobi up top would be fine, provided he is fit enough.

Any more score predictions folks?

I'm going for 2-1 Notts, Stead and Tootle to come up with the goods for us.

• Like 1

Play it on the ground, keep us fans entertained and a couple of goals for me would be good if Notts can get the win.

I can see it being a 1-1 draw though.

Going for 3-0 Grant, Stead and Brisley if we play football on the ground but if revert to hoofball can see it ending 1-1 

Good win yesterday, second half Notts stole the show and played some very good football.

First half we don't need to mention. I am still unsure how exactly we scored but I did think Cheltenham came back well. Even in the second half they didn't look like they was out of it, probably one of the better games at Meadow Lane.

I barely noticed Hewitt's absence and I thought Milsom did a more complete job, did we miss Elliot at all? No.

We have played some good football this season, at times we may have been lucky but yesterday was not one of them games. We deserved the points! Well done Notts.