Ratings Notts v Exeter City

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • š¯•¸:  twitter @piethagoram

Fitzsimons 6 Couldnt do anything with goals conceded

Hunt 5 Sponsors MotM don't make me laugh. Doesnt match Toots for the quality balls delivered. Had a good chance in the 2nd half but shot wide

Hewitt 6 Wonderful challenge to deny a certain goal

Brisley 6 Bruised from a challenge...maybe a doubt for the next game?

Jones 5.5 Got into good forward positions but the final ball found wanting

Husin 5 Non descriptĀ debut with too many side balls. Hopefully will become more confident

Virtue 5.5 Yes, there is a defence splitting pass player here but needs more of Gerrard type tenacity. Caught out for Exeter's second

Grant 5.5 More involved from Noble's distribution. Shooting boots off colour today

Noble 6.5 great defensive work at the end of the first half...made things tick in the second

Stead 6 needed support which was lacking in first half...well takenĀ penalty

Alessandra 5 disappointing...needs to make himself available to receive the ball

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • š¯•¸:  twitter @piethagoram

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Hunt 5 Sponsors MotM don't make me laugh. Doesnt match Toots for the quality balls delivered. Had a good chance in the 2nd half but shot wide

Is that right? Surely not? I must have gone deaf from the cold not to hear that! Personally, I thought he was our worst player today and most of their good stuff in the first half came down his side.Ā 

We badly missed Tootle and Duffy today and they were the difference between a loss and a win in my opinion. Plus not starting Shola was criminal, we came alive after he came on and were a farĀ better balanced team.

Nobsa my MOM after a quiet first half.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • š¯•¸:  twitter fmcj10

Fitzsimons 6 - He didn't seem very confident, but no blame falls on him for the goals conceded.

Hunt 4 - He left the defensive open throughout the game, poor touches and play - he played too far up the field.

Hewitt 5 - Also seem to drift too far up the pitch, never really marked the opposition and never covered when caught out of position.

Brisley 6.5 - Our best player, he can't be faulted for the goal - he went ball side to win it and the Exeter play knew a defender would do this.

Jones 5.5 - He did alright, offered a lot going forward and tried to defend when needed.

Husin 5.5 - He played the right type of game, keep things simple and make movement but with 3 similar players around him - it was naturally going to fail.

Virtue 5 - Played better going forward, won some challenges but looked scared in most. He always looked lagging of energy to me but no real product.

Grant 5 - He tried to go forward, but he didn't offer much. Awful passing and shooting at times, he didn't look confident either IMO.

Noble 6 - Only positive thing was his passing, that was excellent at times and he did try to get the creative side going - just not the Liam Noble we know yet.

Stead 4 - Awful, he spent too much time dropping to his knees. He tried, he ran but looked very much the 'weaker' Jon Stead we know.

Alessandra 5 - Poor touches, incorrect decisions with what to do with the ball. Lack of movement when we needed someone to make space, just didn't seem to want it at all.

--

The inclusion of Ameobi was massive, but even then Stead just seemed unable to contribute.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

not many would score above 5 or 6 for me. very poor team performance.

Archived