Match Discussion: Game 39 - The Spireites (A)

PON_News

Game 39 - The Spireites (A)

Team: Chesterfield

Date: 25/03/18

Where: Proact Stadium

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

It'll be a tight game, Chesterfield's an intimidating place to go, plus with them battling relegation, they'll want to win at all costs - give the fans something to cheer about and a psychological boost for the players to beat a local rival and high flyer.

Supporter+

I am worried about this one, we never seem to be able to put in a good performance in front of the TV cameras, plus I used to work in Chesterfield and am still in contact with some ex colleagues who are spireite fans, they will give me grief if we lose. I might have to turn my phone off. :joker:

I can see Notts leading quite nicely and, despite how I think things could pan out - my prediction would be 2-2.

I don't think we should write Chesterfield off, they're at home and are a decent side struggling due to various reasons. Yet I would say they're easily underperforming and derby type games are the exact type which lifts performances on the field. Notts are also prone to being silly especially away from home, yet I do feel Notts will lead - maybe even by half time.

Yet Chesterfield may find that they can pressure us and this is why I feel a draw seems very likely.

I'm putting my prediction less down to silly mistakes, so no madness by Duffy or Alessandra handball (nothing of this nature). Just a case of two teams have decent halfs and ultimately cancelling each other out.

It will be a strange game for the cameras but lets hope we can do it! Three points would naturally help us out a lot.

John Tompson summed our season up perfectly when he said Chesterfield are playing football and Nott's are just hoofing aimless balls towards Ameobi & Stead....

We got found out mid November and haven't changed it since, unfortunately

When Hewitt sees his missus he's probably in 2 minds to hoof her up the pitch aswell because that's all he does. Grant and Hawkridge were ineffective, again. Infact I don't know what's happened to Grant since Christmas because he's not turned up in 2018. We're  toothless in attack and we have no plan B.

We're never going to have a plan B as long as Nolan continues this obsession of substituting a player for one in exactly the same position. The first player didn't work, so what on earth makes him think that another will, doing exactly the same thing is so maddening!

Take a chance in games, we could have had a lot more points by being a bit more adventurous at times, especially against lower table opposition.