Match Discussion: Game 42 - Sky Blues (H)

PON_News

Game 42 - Sky Blues (H)

Team: Coventry City

Date: 07/04/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

It’s going to be another tough match, Coventry will be looking to bounce back after that incredible result last week 2-6, not many would have forecast that.

We need a win to keep alive any hope we have of automatic promotion and to bolster our position in the playoffs.

It’ll be a nervy match, I just hope our players keep strong, don’t make any silly mistakes or rash tackles. Defend well, keep a clean sheet and hope we get some chances up front.

We need to go into the game with a clear plan and understanding as to how Coventry might play.

If we fail to get something here, I feel playoffs will be much harder and the game could result in us slipping further. I really hope we play to how we know we can, those getting on Ameobi's back must understand he's played far more than he should have done. Nolan needs to find a way to get Forte more involve or at least Saunders! We have enough decent players in midfield but we need to play the ball along the ground.

Hoofing it has lead to more issues and I just want to see us try to give them a game.

Personally, I would demand better from the opening game and tell the players to prove a point. Lets get the points Notts! Fight for every minute on the pitch. #COYP

We've probably fluffed automatic but this is a chance to at least cement our play-off spot. The Coventry fans have sold their full allocation, they know how massive this one is. We need to keep them all quiet!

Any complacency Coventry may have had will have been blown away by their freak 6-2 home loss to Yeovil last time out. They'll be wanting to put things right and they will be well up for it against a side which they will take seriously. I think Coventry will win this one sadly.

I admire the blind faith of most of our fans..... automatic promotion was gone weeks ago, now playoff prospects are pretty much unlikely if you consider our opponents’ games in hand. Unless anyone is unclear ..... We can’t score goals we have lost to the bottom two clubs and we have the third bottom to play in our next away game (I have got money on us losing that one as a treble) Alan Hardy has now admitted that January was a disaster, missing out on 3 potential strikers. 

Hopefully lessons have been learned and next season will continue the start of something big.... but don’t let’s kid ourselves folks this season, we bottled it.........

Supporter+
50 minutes ago, Truefootballfan said:

Unless anyone is unclear ..... We can’t score goals we have lost to the bottom two clubs and we have the third bottom to play in our next away game (I have got money on us losing that one as a treble) Alan Hardy has now admitted that January was a disaster, missing out on 3 potential strikers. 

Yeah but apart from that we should be ok.....shouldn’t we? :joker:

Seriously, you are probably right @Truefootballfan but we can live in hope.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve been trying to get a ticket online for the last couple of days, the website isn’t working, it’s driving me mad and then I get an email saying it will be busy so buy your ticket online and print it at home. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

• Like 1

Fantastic win today and, I'm pleased for Forte who has proven that he can do well.

I get the feeling Kevin Nolan doesn't like quiet people, though I still suspect that his training ground work will be criticized eventually by KN. Did I expect to win Coventry City? No I didn't, yet we deserved it and I praise the way the players responded. It's a good win which gives us a strong fight to secure a playoff place! Well done Notts. COYP!

• Like 1

Supporter+

A great win, especially the way they scored shortly after the Coventry fans were going barmy celebrating their equaliser. They are showing the team spirit and dogged determined mentality that they had earlier in the season, I’m glad we’ve got our Notts back. This will give them confidence for the run in.

Great to see Forte scoring two goals and giving KN a headache for the next match. I agree with @chris I think KN hasn’t been picking him because he is quiet but I notice KN said in the interview afterwards that he was happy to be proved wrong.

Special mention also for Virtue who had his best game for Notts.

• Like 1

What a turn up @Fan of Big ToneHow many weeks have supporters been bemoaning the lack of a striker....... the day Nolan picks the only alternative he has we play well and WIN !

I wonder if he will revert back on Saturday?

Supporter+
5 hours ago, Truefootballfan said:

What a turn up @Fan of Big ToneHow many weeks have supporters been bemoaning the lack of a striker....... the day Nolan picks the only alternative he has we play well and WIN !

I wonder if he will revert back on Saturday?

I hope not because Forte has earned another start, it’s up to Stead to fight his way back in to the team.