Match Discussion: Game 2 - United (A)

PON_News

Hope Nolan will go with a 442 formation, and you know me and score predictions, just saying I hope Notts win. COYP.

• Like 1

I'm starting to want to see the squad line-up, and soon I will switch the radio on.

I really hope that they do well and get their first win today, I also wished I could be there but unfortunately I can't. COYP!

Good luck Notts.Come on let's have a win and a good performance.

Good start by Notts but the defence seems a little sleepy, we are giving Cambridge a lot of space at times.

Disappointing to see Notts give such a sloppy goal, some Notts fan will blame Shaun Brisley who looks awkward in defence but what the hell was Fitzsimons doing?

C'mon NOTTS! Get level and then clinch it in the final few minutes. Give the away support and fans at home something to be happy about.

2-2 Richard Duffy!!

Kevin Nolan needs to work on the defending, they need to mark better and stay more disciplined in their positioning. Just a major lack of lack of responsibility, Notts could have won this if we had taken better care of the duties at the back.

Score is now 3-2 to Cambridge United.

It's almost full time.

Disappointed because people will blame Kevin Nolan.

The defenders lost this game and Fitzsimons playing woefully since being given the number one shirt. We need to sign a keeper, he's failing to take the shirt.

Judging by Kevin's post match interview he's not a very happy manager, it also sounds like there may be some movement in the loan market. I think the defence would be good enough with an experience keeper in goal.

Disappointing loss after leading 1-0.

notts seem like a different side this year, unable to stay switched on at the back and failing to take care of threats at the back. its like moniz is back!

It's going to be a very slow start I feel but again an improvement since the opening game against Colchester United.

The pressure may be mounting the players to get their first win soon, as will the expectations of gaining promotion. Defensively Notts wasn't very good but its hard to be discouraged from the outfield play. Once chances was created, Notts looked bright and entertaining.

I feel like I'm having a nightmare.

I am not sure which PON member said it but I think a much harder run of fixtures would have been better. The players look capable of doing something special but at the same time the defence looks rubbish under pressure. 3-2 isn't the worst result but it's a negative one.

I can't convey my disappointment, Nolan has a uphill task to fix the issues at the back I feel. I think he's being let down by the defence and an inconsistent Fitzsimons.

He's really not rising to the challenge of being the number 1.

It's a poor start to the season but things will improve, the squad's got a lot of work to do but it will turn around.

Today was more promising, just weak defending cost the match.

I thought Notts played quite well, just not defensively.

The passing was much better, creatively Notts looked good but it's not just Brisley. Duffy, Jones and Tootle didn't play together, they played too far up for me and Cambridge thrived on attacking down the left side because Jones wasn't in position. Things will improve, early signs are good.