Match Discussion: Game 4 - The Exiles (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

Notts have to turn the season ahead today, I have a good feeling that Stead will get the job done and that the performance will be much better. We conceded some very poor goals last season but managed to defend better the majority of the matches.

That's the difference this year.

3-1 Notts.

Stead, Hemmings and Kellett to score.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

Notts are bound to win sooner or later, I am not too worried. I think a tougher start to the season would have forced the players to get with the programme quicker. The pre season should have been that point.

2-0 Notts win, confident.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Notts XI: Ross Fitzsimons, Elliot Hewitt, Richard Duffy, Shaun Brisley, Dan Jones, David Vaughan, Nathan Thomas, Enzio Boldewijn, Noor Husin, Kane Hemminga and Jon Stead.

Bench: Max Culverwell, Pierce Bird, Lewis Alessandra, Kristian Dennis, Andy Kellett, Terry Hawkridge and Tom Crawford.

COYP!

COYP!!

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Radio Nottingham had it spot on, Hewitt down after horrible challenge and no one is there complaining there is no leader in the team. 

Richard Duffy can't be excused for his weak defending, I thought during the pre-season he looked alright but it's the same old Duffy. He's not good enough, he costs us and I swear those that defend him blindly annoy the life out of me.

He's turned this game in favour of a weak club that we was controlling before he gifted the game.

2-1, not good enough Notts.

I just don't get it, 10 goals conceded in 3 games and we make 1 change. A striker. Surely we should be changing the defence. Duffy needs dropping. 

Last minute. Again. 3 goals. Again. Defence needs changing once again easy goals for the opposition. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Bottom of the whole football league, and staying there unless we buy some decent defenders...

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

First team tipped for winning promotion and getting relegated instead?

Getting drastically worrying now.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

First team tipped for winning promotion and getting relegated instead?

Getting drastically worrying now.

Tonight’s game I said is a must win I have to say mate my knees are starting To knock 🤪🤪

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

13 goals in 4 games. More defensive errors. Surely now the defence needs changing. 

Something needs changing mate I totally agree the 13 goals in 4 that’s outrageous 

Football is all about outscoring the opposition but the thing is we don't look like doing much. So we need to focus on being a solid defensive unit. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I'm disappointed, Notts have thrown away a good run of fixtures and we have given THE POINTS a way. Tonight was a joke, something needs to be done. Losing this way is not acceptable and I'm getting tired of this poor attitude.

• liampie unfeatured this topic

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

it sounded like notts allowed newport to play and win, from what i heard early on the play was in favour of notts until they scored. it annoys me how easy we concede, people who dont see that this has to change makes me question their logic. i am not talking about fans, people are saying if we had scored a second how things would be different and maybe so but that dont change the fact we are a sucker punch team.

score, concede, concede, score, concede!!

• Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  1

Don't be fooled by the 3-2 scoreline.  This was a truly awful display by Notts, and was embarrassing to witness. The home crowd were actually laughing at Notts' ineptitude, and began chanting "You're f**ing s**t" The immediate response from 185 very embarrassed travelling Notts fans was to join in and agree with them.  It really was that poor.  

Newport were stronger, faster, more alert to every loose ball and challenge. They're not a great side by any means but it was easy for them. Notts were incapable of making an effective tackle, and Newport were able to push the ball around and through us without breaking sweat.   

Nobody in the away seating could believe it when Dennis squeezed home the equaliser on 87 minutes. It was one of only two shots at goal in the second half, whilst Fitzsimons had made a couple of excellent saves to keep Notts in the game.  If Notts had brought a point back it would've been daylight robbery and completely undeserved.  So nobody was at all surprised when Newport then scored a late winner.......gifted to them, like the other two goals.....by an utter shambles of a defence who are taking incompetence to a new level.  

Kevin Nolan has simply got to use the loan window to bring in at least one centre half, a left back, and a ball winning midfielder. It's no use trying to turn it around with this current squad as it is, because sticking with this defence will likely very soon cost him his job, and could well end up costing Notts their League status. 

It really looks that bad at this moment in time. 

If Notts play as poorly on Saturday as they did tonight, Lincoln are going to run riot. 

Natty

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

The performance by Notts early on was good, the players controlled the game but the headaches changed after Newport County changed their tactics.

After that it was all downhill.

What was a bright start was nothing more than a major disappointment. It almost seemed possible that a draw could have been picked up, the Dennis goal came from out of nowhere but the same old issue occurred at the back. The result wasn't acceptable.

• Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

The squad on paper does look good.

It's the amateur defending that is costing Notts, the Dennis goal should have sealed a draw for Notts but the players was all asleep at the back.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Beyond acceptable now, the early goal for Notts made me feel the win was on the card but after we pulled it back I just felt it would end up 3-2.