Match Discussion: Game 5 - Red Imps (A)

PON_News

16 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Tootle injured now Bird on, it’s not looking good.

Believe @Fan of Big Tone There is still time .. I think we can come back 

notts needs to ride their luck at some point and just try to force a draw or a win, we cant allow lincoln to keep attacking.

It sounds like Notts have adjusted their positional play to cope with the Lincoln attack, however its limiting our own attack.

3-1.... You can't sit back and defend, expecting that a goal will come from nothing.

Disappointing yet again by Notts, they should try to get Enzio on the ball and try to make better movement from there. There's just no support, no defending and no output in attack. Kevin Nolan will surely be disappointed and under more pressure.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Another 3 goals conceded so far and by the sounds of it Lincoln could get more yet.

• Like 1

At 2-1 Notts have set themselves up to lose by playing too deep, expecting Dennis, Enzio and Hemmings to make up the attack.

Talk about inviting another loss.

awful performance.

notts fans are in a proper meltdown now, i do understand it but blaming nolan just seems to be the easiest answer to the bigger problems. sacking him now would be like putting wallpaper over a cracked and broken wall.

give him the time to fix it, he should get there.

its annoying notts lost 3-1 but the negativity isnt going to help either.

Awful performance, it was dreadful and Nolan's interviews are starting to become incoherent rambles.

The pressure is on the club and him now.

It's a good thing that people want to see the club fail so much by unacceptably bringing a man down who has revived Notts until this season. I'm afraid some fans choose what they say and think, it seems almost a game. 

Same old crap. Same old answers from Kevin Nolan. "We have to focus and work hard and make sure the boys are ready for the next game"...pretty much what he said last Friday night, and again on Tuesday night. 

To be fair, only the second goal was down to crappy defending.......Fitz trying to punch clear but colliding with Tootle. But Notts only managed three attempts at goal in the 90mins. 

I fully expect to see at least two new signings in the coming week. Maybe Nolans' hand will be forced by injuries to Duffy and Tootle. We are currently looking well short of bodies in defence, let alone quality. 

There's a thin line between success and failure.....and I get the feeling that one decent win with a clean sheet will make a world of difference. BUt I think its going to take additional signings to bring that about. 

Natty

• Like 1

Forest green has got to be a start of the come back because of not County will be adrift point wise 

I couldn’t keep in touch as much today due to travelling home apart from radio 5 live, which happened to have a reporter at Lincoln! 

Sounded from the brief bits, that basically we were stuffed. Sat back and had 0 % passion for the game. 

I listened to the Nolan interview when I got in and, frankly, he seems a broken man. 

Apart from Moniz a few years ago, I’m not one to call for pulling the trigger on a manager without 100% cause eg Fullofit. But honestly, if that is how he is coming across in the dressing room, then if it doesn’t improve and very soon, then I think the majority will turn against him.

I think we miss Alan Smith, Mike Edwards and Shola if I’m honest. The influence in the club is missing and now Nolan is the clear voice, I think issues are arising. The sort of off field experience they brought to the table is sorely missing now.

Gutted with another defeat.

Gutted with another poor performance where it seems most couldn’t care less.

• Like 2

The result was just poor but I still would have given Kevin Nolan more time.

It sounded awful, with Notts parking the bus after Tootle and Duffy got injured. We have to hope that the management change does fix things and not on a temporary basis.

On 25/08/2018 at 19:16, Chris said:

Managers thoughts...

I could barely understand him, I wonder if he knew then he was going to be sacked?

Poor result.

Cheap performance from what I have seen, Notts just wasn't at the races. I think had Hemmings scored his chance the game could have ended differently but with the way the keeper flaps around and the defence fails to pressure the opposition a loss always seems likely.

It has to stop now, it's cost the manager his job.

• Chris unfeatured this topic