Smiffypie

Smiffypie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

(No problem with the sign in Joey)

Hi all,

Another old git seeking a bit of refuge from MAD :hyper:

Nottingham lad, born Bilsthorpe, grew up in Bulwell Hall mainly with the odd dash of Southwell/Radford/West Bridgford/Edwalton/Meadows (Them bailiffs never could catch me old Mum).

Been supporting NCFC since a young lad (1959 was my first game!). Ex Army (22 years) and missed all the div 1 years bar a couple of games.

Followed the Pies via newspapers in Germany for 20 years. Came back to the UK and live in Chester. Stayed in the habit of supporting from a distance  until the Munto thing gave me a kick up the backside (bandwagon?), anyway walking down the Lane for the first time in 30 odd years and whooooosh right back where I belonged. Thank heavens for Munto.

I get in about 15 - 18 games home and away depending on my work commitments and enjoy every one, well perhaps not enjoy every one but you know what I mean. Those I can't get to I spend listening to Uncle Colin and in whichever chatroom is being used. See some familiar names from other boards on here and looking forward to some good, constructive chat here.

Youpiessssss

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Welcome to Pride of Nottingham. :)

I certainly have an idea what you mean @Smiffypie, I really enjoy going to games regardless of win, draw or losing. Usually in performances I can take something positive away - Though it's great meeting up with people. I've been pretty lucky with this as previously it was a case of going and coming back, I didn't really interact with anybody and not many was pleasant where I used to sit.

Thank you for sharing your introduction, I can't speak on behalf of anyone else but It's nice when someone does.

Hope you enjoy the site, as we take further steps and reach more milestones together. You Pies!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Welcome,@ Smiffypie.I enjoyed your intro.Hope you enjoy your time here with us. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Welcome @Smiffypie it's nice to have another old git on here, @super_ram is one too. :joker:

You have been supporting Notts for about as long as me, I hope your memory is better though.

Thanks for introducing yourself, it's not too late to get involved in the prediction league if you fancy it, although you won't win because as I have said on numerous occasions I will win it easily, it's just that I am giving everyone a head start. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Welcome Smiffypie.I liked your intro.Get stuck in with the posting,please.Do join in the prediction league(It usually comes up on Wednesdays),you'll soon catch up with old Sir Bragalot. :rolleyes: And yes it is nice to have another mature member(old git indeed)

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Welcome to the site, Interesting introduction... I hope you have fun around here.

Archived