Carlisle United Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's an interesting fixture, a side which beat Sheffield United (1-0) rather convincingly I have been told by a good source up north are a little concerned by our visit. The way some of their fans have communicated with me, you'd have though they was in our position and us in theirs!

Carlisle is an untest ground for me, I'm excited about making the journey.

Notts - MUST show the same conviction and passion in this performance, as the one they did against Tranmere. I think away will be a different one to master, as I strongly feel the crowd helped on Saturday (among other contributing factors). I wouldn't mind a slower game, aslong as the passions there. The skill and tricks, well are nice but I want to see a step at a time but I won't moan if the likes of Andre Boucaud insist on splitting their defense with an incising ball forward - Just a case of doing it when someone can run! ;)

Carlisle - I'm not sure, many seem to have this down as an easy game. It would be so much easier if we had Zoko, we'd be guaranteed a goal! Okay, Perhaps not but I still think we should have kept him. There squad will be wanting a win, I don't see them being overly kind to us and possibly cut throat style game.

Just hope it's a game where boys turn into men and believe! Man into Manager! COYP!

Your thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

I think we needs point(s) from this game. 

A win would be fantastic, but a draw wouldn't be totally shocking either.

However, a loss would put some fans off for Sat, hopefully not.

I'd go for:

--------------------Bart-------------------------
-Dumbuya--Liddle--Leacock--Sheehan-

--------------Boucaud--Labadie------------
-Grealish-----------------------------McGregor-
----------------Haber------Haynes-------------

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is definitely a winnable game IF the players show the same passion and pride they did against Tranmere, I have said it before and I will say it again, my fear is that Tranmere was a one off game because of all the talk about CK being about to lose his job and the sad anniversary he had to endure, I hope I am wrong and that it was a turning point and Notts can really now start to move up the table.

I like the look of that team Danny. :thumbsup:

Is Mike Edwards still playing for them? He's bound to score after coming up for a corner.

Prediction? I'll go for 2-2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

after a rocky start to the season Carlisle seem to have pulled it together a bit and its up to us to knock that out of them again they have had 2 wins out of three games this month so far but I feel it wouldn't take much to break their defence. On the up side we are not the only ones to have our arse delivered to us on a plate by Leyton orient ! Carlisle also got beat 5-1 (at home) by them. they've also been thumped by Bradford, Coventry and Leicester city.

score predictions for me would be 2-2 but I would like to see a win to the super notts

Their defense isn't all that strong considering, I think if we played quick (but careful) free flowing football they'd find us hard to play against. The problem I see, is their ability to cause concerns, they're a very capable side in terms of attacking and holding up the ball.

I'd say they're far more solid compared to Tramere.

My prediction 2-1 to us.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I hope Tony's fears are unfounded and Notts extend their revival with a good result and performance.

Supporter+

I hope Tony's fears are unfounded and Notts extend their revival with a good result and performance.

Me too mate.

Let's all hope we have reason to celebrate come teatime tomorrow. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

morning all,

Well match day is here again and the stomach is already turning. I know we can do it I know we can go out and win this one its just about holding it together !! i'm also getting tired of seeing florist fags on facebook posting about their game well I hope they get stuffed by the rams I really do!

COME ON YOU PIES 2-1 TO NOTTS

Supporter+

Yes, come on Notts lets get on a bit of a run, 3 points would be a great result but failing that please don't lose.

YOU PIES

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

A win for Notts,a win for the Rams puts a big grin on Supers face.I hope he has a really big grin on his face tonight!

We played well.

Obviously not good enough at times but we played far better than them. It's sad because some will go on the score but I admit we shown weak defending when required.

We held up well, built well but very slowly, too slow at times.

Our goal was good, we should have gone for a second and played smarter but hey-ho.

Their first goal - Pure luck, it's hard on Bart but he didn't see it. Perhaps he should have organised the defends better.

The second goal was all about hitting us, we sort of crumbled but again luck was on their side and a weak moment again.

Heads didn't drop, we tried and created chances. It looked possible until the final whistle we could pull it. That's something positive but we to direct play better and make better chances - CK needs to get a win against Crewe.

Supporter+

By all accounts we were the better team and their goalie made some world class saves, does that about sum it up Joe?

If we are performing well then hopefully we can turn it round still.

Listened on the radio and Joe confirms the conclusion I came to that Notts were very unlucky.I thought Notts were going to cheer me up after the earlier result but it wasn't to be .

By all accounts we were the better team and their goalie made some world class saves, does that about sum it up Joe?

If we are performing well then hopefully we can turn it round still.

He made a couple of very good saves, some (perhaps the majority) he was somewhat lucky with. There was one chance which came back and they had four players to handle it, though he's also a cheating sod.

I'm not impressed with how they turned one end into a waterlogged pitch.

The ball lost a lot of power in that half and it's something I feel the football league should sort out, now I am not blaming this but it seemed to help them. Obviously in the second half they had to play in that end and it's where they sealed all three points but just consider how hard it would have been for our players who are not used to it? That's another thing to take into consideration.

I feel we can turn it around, we are playing decent football but apart of me thinks we could be playing even better with an experienced manager. I am slightly unsure about how long it will take CK to handle the defensive situation, when he thinks we need to work on our attack? Surely we require work in both departments. We can score 2-3 goals but what's the point if we allow teams back into games? Mind you we seem to have leaked far more than I would have liked to have seen at this stage. Attacking is good - It takes the edge of things but when teams brighten up, we crumble at the back.

Archived