Match Discussion: Game 15 - The Dons (A)

PON_News

Game 15 - The Dons (A)

Team: MK Dons

Date: 23/10/18

Where: Stadium MK

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

So this game just became important More than just a push .. it’s to keep county in the football League because one loss as we know can run in 2 and 3 and 4 and so on and he we have fourght hard to get our self out the relegation zone.

we need to play smart keep our shape and don't get pulled in to silly stuff. Scoring the first goal will help massively in our confidence and hopefully keep the defence alert and on point.  

Bring back 3 points please, anything better than the bury result will be an improvement.

Erm, just shut up now and void another loss back to back. This can we can be excited has quickly change after losing 4-0 to Bury!

Notts just need to stay grounded and focused.

Undo this past mistake at all cost.

After Bury and the amount of goals MK Dons concede I don't think this will go well. I get the this league can be unpredictable though and anyone can beat anyone. 

However, I don't think Notts will win this one and if we do it will be 1-0 in the 88th minute or something. 

Ill go for a 2-0 win to MK Dons. Agard to score both.

mk dons will be more attacking minded but they seem to struggle to score, notts needs to make this happen on tuesday night. if they win us comfortable then i feel the playoff dream would have taken a negative turn after the defeat to bury.

Towards the end of last season we were in free fall and people’s predictions kept saying we would win the next game, then the next until we eventually fell off the edge. 

People are still full of this blind faith that we will all of a sudden turn into a league 1 challenging outfit....... it ain’t gonna happen fellas.

Mr Hardy has got to dig deep to get us anywhere near successful.

Its another arseholing tomorrow I’m afraid.

On 20/10/2018 at 22:55, Chris said:

Erm, just shut up now and void another loss back to back. This can we can be excited has quickly change after losing 4-0 to Bury!

Notts just need to stay grounded and focused.

Undo this past mistake at all cost.

Well said mate another great point .. hope county bring at least one back 

Supporter+

Well as I said in the daily chat thread I’ll be listening fearing the worse but hoping for the best. We can only hope the lads have a reaction from Saturday and put in a storming performance, these things do sometimes happen........don’t they? Please? Anybody? We’ll be ok, won’t we?

Arrrgghh, the bells, the bells. 

I don’t think we are bad enough to go down but we certainly ain good enough to get to the playoffs, or anywhere near. We might beat teams in the bottom third but unless something drastic happens in the January window this season is a write off and we’ll be lucky to make mid table.

Another 4 - 0 pasting tonight I’m afraid. 

Disappointed but I expected the loss, Jamie Turley will be a big loss but I am certain the squad will bounce back. It's not a good result but let's stay focused.

Disappointing result, the team needs to pull back together and get back on track.

Gutting result last night but I really couldn't fault the players, it was by far the best I've seen us play this season, and granted the bar was not too high before last night but we showed a lot of spirit to put in a performance like that after Saturday. MK Dons kept the ball well but we were well organised and didn't give them any clear chances, and we were a constant threat on the break. Once the goal went in you could see us grow in confidence. Their goalie pulled off a fantastic save to keep it 1-0 at half time, and for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the second half we were all over them. Alessandra had the golden chance to put us in control when the goalie kicked it straight to him, but I don't think he realised just how much time he had. He could've easily passed it onto the net but decided to try and chip a 6 and a half foot goalkeeper, and well the rest is history. 

Penalty or no penalty, it's worth pointing out that it was one long ball through the ball which split us wide open and resulted in their lead running through on goal which led to the penalty. 

Even with ten men we had a couple of chances but it was one of them nights. I just hope we can replicate that type of performance, because if we do we're definitely going to win more games than we lose. Add that killer touch and we'll go a long way

• Like 1

Supporter+

It sounds like we were unlucky to lose and the performance was much better, let’s hope the Bury game was a bad day at the office and last nights performance will become the norm because as @weymouthPIE says if we play like that we’ll win more than we lose.