Match Discussion: Game 28 - United (H)

PON_News

Game 28 - United (H)

Team: Cambridge United

Date: 12/01/19

Where: Meadow Lane

Cambridge_United.png.5f7660e007f8040de83027e142a7ca05.png

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Edited by super_ram

I really don't know what to expect.

I think Cambridge are sort of in a transition at the moment, they're quite a decent team but it's about how Notts plays. On our day we can cause any side trouble and I think Cambridge are the type of side we should be okay against, just need to ensure we don't allow them easy access to having a shot on goal.

• Like 1

think each home game is becoming a must win match and if the players dont get the result, well i can see the gap increasing again. the pressure is all over but i hope meadow lane is buzzing.

• Like 1

When the players cross the line to play, I hope they take a moment to look at the stands and think how good it could be if they all give 100%. If the hard work came with this application and desire, I am certain that Notts can win.

• Like 1

I think Notts could be lifted with the new signings, it will be interesting to see how they slot in.

I have a good feeling that Notts could win 2-0. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Edited by super_ram
  • Like 1

The first thing this Saturday that needs to be done  is us as the fans need to silence the Cambridge fans from the minute the lads enter the pitch we need to roar the lads on because Cambridge   are bringing over 2,000 fans and they will make some noise. 

The lads need to be focused and ready to do battle, this is a must win .We win this and we are back in with the fight ...

The lads need to respond to the noise and the atmosphere, come out flying and score the first goal. Don’t sit back and allow Cambridge to attack .. we fight like hell and grab a second goal. 

A sturdy back four with no Duffy is required .Jamie Turley needs to return to the team as he will boss the defence and help Ross. 

Midfield need to pass with accuracy to the strikers, no messing around, no crap, just simple football up to the front. 

Stead needs to lead from the front as he always does and encourage the lads to to play for the occassion .. 

This Saturday everything is there for the lads, they have to take it and run with it.

Edited by super_ram
  • Like 1

Buzzing for Saturday it’s a big game for sure , big crowd expected, I’ll be there with my daughter and as normal giving our full support to the team , the vocal support is so important let’s roar them to victory , I’m kind of feeling good about the game , think we could set up well with the new signings slotting in , and with one or two edging back from injury maybe just maybe the tide will turn our way sooner rather than later , COYP WE’RE THE BLACK AND WHITE ARMY 

• Like 1

Let's get the big flag out, that always looks fantastic as the players come out the tunnel. Then shout till your hoarse and definitely no booing... Cambridge are a bit like us and are quite fragile at the back, so a good start is a must.. 

I'm not sure what to expect from this, notts are playing very hit and miss at the moment and will the new signings play.

The night before and I can’t wait it’s going to be amazing the atmosphere is going to be electric 

Match day , bring it on , COYP , WE’RE THE BLACK AND WHITE ARMY, can’t wait a bit nervous, let’s be loud and proud of our club and really sing up again and inspire the boys , let’s do this . 

Good luck Notts.Here's hoping for a stella performance and result to persuade the extra fans attending today to return for future games.

came home feeling annoyed that notts showed little fight until the second half, not a very good game but i think things can improve once the new signings settle. the new keeper looks pretty decent.

The new players need time to settle but we dont really have the time because we need to stay up, so i would hope we can sign new players to be better than we were today.

Not the result we was hoping for but  the new players looked good especially Schofield even though he conceded he still good and very promising young player. We still need to strengthen the defence still annoyed that Jamie didn’t get on for a fair well though.

There was some good play from Notts, not enough but players like Kristian Dennis made every effort to do something from nothing. Shame the majority seem spineless and unmotivated.

• Chris unfeatured this topic