Match Discussion: Game 34 - Super White Army (A)

PON_News

Game 34 - Super White Army (A)

Team: Tranmere Rovers

Date: 23/02/19

Where: Prenton Park

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I hope we can begin or wins again because without them we are surely down.

it will be interesting to see how the team responds, cms needs to start! he clearly plays for his own enjoyment and the effort he puts in makes a massive difference. i would feel more confident if newport had not thrashed us.

The Newport game was a tactical error on Neal Ardley's part and a blip.

I can see what he tempted to do and hopefully the fresher legs can help, however he's seen what happens when CMS doesn't start and if he has to rest him or Jon Stead - he needs to ensure one starts. I feel the game will be a draw, probably 2-2.

It really wouldn't surprise me if Notts led 2-0 and conceded two goals in the second half.

I think a draw would be a good stepping stone to getting the points required but as I said before, losing to Morecambe, Yeovil and now Newport will be the ones which seem most likely to punish us come the end of the season.

Tranmere will be excited no doubt to play us now.

I'm not confident away from home, the FGR isn't something we can expect a repeat from and I feel the Newport result will make it harder.

Depends if the players want to redeem themselves.

We need to beat them, more importantly the lower down teams because they are the ones, we we don't want to get points.. so that we can gain them.

They have to get a better result against Tranmere, if a win isn't possible fight for the draw. Losing points is what will cost the club at the end of the season, it won't be anything else and any fan who thrown's having grounded a point needs to get their heads checked.

Tranmere are a tough team but we could do something.

Start the right team, slow the game down and just focus on picking passes out carefully. I suspect it will end 1-1.

im going for a 1-0 notts win.

the club needs to bounce back and work hard, they have to avoid doing what happened to tranmere themselves.

A draws a draw, nothing wrong with that if 100% is given but better defending is needed against Tranmere.

I hope Neal Ardley has a clear plan of action.

I think Notts will lose and that it will become unbearable on social media.

If a poor performance happens or the club loses, we need to stay determined that relegation can be fought off.

We can still avoid relegation at the moment... We've done it before too.

The key to playing Tranmere is to choose between quick and slow passing, if we mix the tempo I feel the game will be controlled better but the midfield needs to work hard. The strikers need to be able to absorb the pressure without these two defining factors Notts will struggle.

2-2 is my prediction, CMS and Doyle to score.

It all depends if the new or old Notts squad turns up, if they have more fight and desire to get a result I believe they can but if the players allow Tranmere to boss the game. I feel it will be a difficult game. They're are not pushovers at all.

I think it will end 1-0 but no idea who too.

Well today wasnt great either.

at least it was just one goal and not several, we need to work harder tho its not enough.

Poor result but not the worst away game of this season, I am sure the club will pull together but more effort does need to be given.

it sounds like notts was not clinical on goal, i dont know why fans are worried about the players not taking chances we can score. the pressure is just back since we lost to newport county.

As fans however hard it is, we need to not moan at the players as much because thats part of whats stopping notts from playing better, obviously some of it is they just don't. We need to work together to get out of relegation.

Notts needs to start stepping up, I felt the club turned a corner but results like this makes me fall down to earth. There's still a lot of work to be done but the fight needs to be there. Two defeats needs to be stopped, a third right now would be a disaster.

• Like 1

It did feel like they turned a corner but now it seems to be dropping back again due to results, not the effort as much.

A draw would have been a sign of fight but I don't think losing 1-0 is something fans should get carried a way with. Tranmere are a good team at home and we aren't that great away.

More progress is needed but fans need to keep supporting.

Poor result and little signs of bouncing back, think Notts are leaving it too late.

30 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

A draw would have been a sign of fight but I don't think losing 1-0 is something fans should get carried a way with. Tranmere are a good team at home and we aren't that great away.

More progress is needed but fans need to keep supporting.

17 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Poor result and little signs of bouncing back, think Notts are leaving it too late.

Any wins (or draws) away from home are a bonus for Notts but it is absolutely vital that Notts pick up maximum points from home matches.