Match Discussion: Game 45 - The Mariners (H)

PON_News

Game 45 - The Mariners (H)

Team: Grimsby Town

Date: 27/04/19

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

i dont know what to expect other than to be disappointed, i just hope when i leave things can start to make sense. its been a terrible season. :( 

If Notts attacked games I think there would be a chance but Neal Ardley's total defence football is quite bland.

I don't see how the result required will come.

Only a win will do, I think the pressure will be too much and a 2-2 draw seems to be what I would go for.

I wont be there this saturday.

Just win for the pride, keep the hope alive for the last game of the season. It's history on the line and survival.

I’m dreading this weekend. I expect an OK performance from Notts like usual. The effort will be there but the cohesion and quality won’t. It really is groundhog day, how many times have we said “this weekend’s game is a must win game?”. How many times have Yeovil and Macc slipped up, and then we have as well? Too many. It’s the most excruciating and painful scrap for survival ever.

For once I'm more concerned about Macclesfield, they go to Port Vale who are now managed by Mr Macclesfield himself: John Askey. He has nearly 700 appearances for the club and managed them for 5 years as well. He must have spent close to 30 years there. I'm sure he'll have a soft spot for them and I just wonder how seriously he'll take the game. I won't be surprised if Vale try out a few youngsters and give their fringe players a run out too...

Hopefully I’m wrong but this could be the weekend we go down.

• Like 1

I thought the team looked interested today, perhaps the importance has sunk in?

It's disappointing in a way to see it expressed so late, however this is football. I'm delighted with the performance, I felt Craig Mackail-Smith and Matt Tootle was class. The team did some good football, yet I still feel this mess could have been avoided and I always did feel like Notts would win 2-1.

This type of performance should have been the standard this season.

Good win, positive from the fan's perspective and the Kop was close.

Very good win, solid performance and the players seemed bothered.

Why exactly did it take until the very last home game to get them performing with some passion?

We got the three points that’s all I care about .. not bothered how we got it but we got it. Well done lads on to the last game.