Match Discussion: Game 9 - The Moors (H)

PON_News

Game 9 - The Moors (H)

Team: Solihull Moors

Date: 03/09/19

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

I've been told they've got a good team and have recruited well in the summer.

They're 7th but lost to Halifax who seem to be doing better after Jamie Fullarton left. I can't really comment on the opposition, I honestly don't know much about how they play - I'm doing research mind.

I just hope Notts can bounce back after Yeovil.

As I keep saying, anyone who starts well and works hard can beat anyone in this league. There's no clear favourites and with Notts it will take time.

think this season will see meadow lane being where notts picks up the most points, i am hoping for a win but see it ending as a draw.

Supporter+

3 words the opposition use to describe Solihull. Big. Powerful. Strong. When that doesn't work, they don't seem to have a plan B. They have lost 3 in a row after a flying start. Their dangermen are Blissett and McCallum. No sign of McCallum last Saturday so he might be injured. Blissett and himself are a handful. Blissett is isolated when McCallum doesn't start. I think they will go 5-4-1 if McCallum is missing. Notts have to have a high tempo. Harass them. If they do, Notts will win. 2-1 to Notts for me. 

I see another defeat myself, I am not sure how Notts will cope against a more phsyical side but provided they try and work hard that is enough for me.

A fear a defeat will cause upset within our support and start to make those fans who already want Ardley's head even louder.

They're a good side, this is their level and Notts has to respect that.

I think too much focus is being put on the players to win pretty, I would expect ugly if it means they are working as a team. That is what Notts needs to do in these games that cannot be controlled by playing impressive football.

i am nervous but i think notts have looked much better at home. its that opening nerves and pushing to score which notts lacks right now. i think if we use the aerial threat that we have the score will be in favour of us.

Well that sounded disappointing. Did we really just settle for the draw?

On 04/09/2019 at 22:23, DangerousSausage said:

Well that sounded disappointing. Did we really just settle for the draw?

Yes.

It was awful.

There was times when Notts couldn't pass two or three times without giving the ball away. The most annoying part for me is seeing Solihull panic and start to become unsettled, only for Neal Ardley to take of Enzio and then the squad became very defensive minded. It was like the reverse of what you would expect @DangerousSausage! I mean, I would understand if it was the other way round but it wasn't.

We walked away without ever really testing them and settling for just a point.

• Like 1

It was poor, but I have seen worse in my years. I don't think falling into their trap and hoofing the ball helped at all. The new striker looked very ineffective,