Match Discussion: Game 17 - The Gulls (H)

PON_News

Game 17 - The Gulls (H)

Team: Torquay United

Date: 12/10/19

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 2

Proper old school football, it's been years since I have seen Notts play Torquay United.

I'm hoping that Notts can continue the home form, as we played quite well to control the last game but I do feel Torquay will be trickier. I think they've got a fair amount of height about them too, so it should be quite interesting how we handle that. I am confident, just imagine if we picked up back to back wins again just how much better this could do for the team's morale.

I would avoid changes personally, I don't think any are needed.

Kristian Dennis is great coming on from the bench, he should rotated start, but perhaps during away games. Michael Doyle shouldn't start, yet I am sure he will find himself selected.

I am expecting one change from the winning lineup, being Michael Doyle making a full return.

I believe he could be afforded to sit out the game on the bench, the midfield has looked better without him than him playing. I just can't see Mitch Rose being the captain tomorrow however, I'll go for a draw.

im a bit nervous, think notts will do okay but a draw would not surprise me.

the club cant keep winning, well i mean we cant expect them too and a draw would hardly be a bad result. its nice to see us doing well but even the worst case should not effect our position that much.

This will be our first meeting with Torquay since the final day of the 2009-10 season. There was a bit of an invasion that weekend. I'm glad that Torquay came back up, but they've won their last three so it'll be tough. I predict a hard-fought draw but hope for another win.

Things are looking quite promising, the team performs on the same wavelength and I honestly feel that they have finally clicked.

Notts looked very lively and up for it at the beginning, for me - all this talk of Tarquay being difficult to beat and the home record being lost due  to it might have been something which fuelled them.

I want to say Tarquay played well as a team.

I disagree with comments about them being 'poor' or 'substandard', I felt they did well, but fell to a brilliant strike by Richard Brindley who has been a quiet underrated performer in my eyes. His opening strike was just lovely!

Notts also played as a team, however, they performed at a much higher standard.

It was very entertaining, with a lot of quality moments. It just feels like we have a team which will fight, work hard and play together as a unit.

• Like 1

you can see the team are heading the right direction, i think ardley has done well with all the nonsense from those who did not learn from the dismissal of nolan.

it was great to see the players fired up, they looked like they wanted to score as early as possible.

i think dennis should be starting on rotation, he looks fired up but we need to keep him like this. he will get goals and change the outcome, between him, thomas and tyson i think we have the squad to really dig deep.

It was a good game no doubt about that.

Torquay wasn't bad, Notts played good football and we are looking more like league contenders now. If the results keep coming at home, with improvements being made away from it, this season could really start.

Great result, the cleansheets right now are massive.