Match Discussion: Game 32 - Daggers (A)

PON_News

Game 32 - Daggers (A)

Team: Dagenham & Redbridge

Date: 25/01/2020

Where: The Chigwell Construction Stadium

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

With it being a league game, Dagenham should play better and give Notts a better game.

I would start Kristian Dennis against them, he's the type of striker that will find the space they leave wide open.

I don't fancy the game myself, I think it will be cold and tedious.

I'm hoping Notts will be up for it, Callum Roberts and Kristian Dennis would be nice to see starting. 

No idea tbh, I think on our best day Notts would do well against a team like them.

Thing is we need everyone at their very best now, a win is important to push on. I hope Cal Roberts is a boost for everyone.

No, I think it will be a good chance for Notts.

We've already played them in the cup, so if Neal Ardley learns from that and throws a few surprises I think the game should be better. I think the midfield is always the key, now with the signing of Callum Roberts, it means we can have natural wide players which in turn should give a level of freedom to whoever is in the middle - i.e Michael Doyle and Mitch Rose.

I feel a loss, and a draw would be a setback although not a major one.

A win would give a sigh of relief as I feel the playoffs is somewhere this squad needs to be aiming for, the addition signing should give the team a boost. I am hoping Roberts has been working with the forwards, so that they can get a feel for what he provides.

I feel a win is important, being inside the playoffs gives the players something to protect and fight for. Being on the outside and suffering setbacks can be frustrating, I feel that leads to teams struggle. I mean where there's quality, it can be useful but I do feel this is a tough division.

The cup game won't mean much, but it should give us an insight as we won that encounter.

I can see them adjusting and making changes, which could make it harder. I'm going to say a 2-1 win, Dennis and Roberts to score.

@BromPie I think a loss would put pressure on the Chesterfield game, Notts never seems to do well in those type of matches but a win here first could help.

I will go for a 2-0 win.

I agree with starting Kristian Dennis, even Nathan Tyson would be nice to see. Get an early goal, come out in the second half and put the game to bed.

If Notts were to lose, some fans just need to sup it in and avoid spitting out their dummies.

There's a long way to go yet.

Prediction? 3-1

Dennis, Doyle and Enzio to win the game.

Despite the scoreline I don't expect it to be easy, I think by half time it could be 1-1. If Notts up the anti in the second half, I can see goals coming to rescue all three points.

2 hours ago, Joshua said:

@BromPie I think a loss would put pressure on the Chesterfield game, Notts never seems to do well in those type of matches but a win here first could help.

That's just Notts.

I think the Chesterfield game should go quite well, yes it's on TV but this years team seems different.

The better results have tended to come away from home, Notts have been lucky at times at Meadow Lane.

Ardley needs to send them out instructed to create chances, the game plan has to be to take the lead quality. If the players defend well, play it calmly and build well I can see a good result coming. 

A win would keep the pressure on other teams, a draw wouldn't be bad but it's the type of result that Neal Ardley needs to be trying to avoid during games. Notts needs to be more attacking minded, whilst being setup well at the back.

so far, it sounds like a nothing in it type of game.

kristian dennis sounds like hes doing well, a couple of chances for him but the daggers have had their own. rawlinson could have let us down, but we just need to work harder on creating good chances. fitzsimons has just made a good save.

Half Time: 0-0

Kristian Dennis with a few chances, along with Cal Roberts.

Dagenham have had a few chances, nothing really close but one effort could have punished us - had their player made a proper connection. Ross can laugh as much as he likes, had it gone in - I'm sure nobody would be.

Better second half needed from Notts.

Only reason they are getting chances is because nobody seems to be marking, direct play and they could have a lot more time. Notts need to be wary.

2-0 Dagenham & Redbridge take all 3 points.

It's a setback which has raised a few concerns, but nothing major. If Notts react well to this, playoffs can still be achieved. I think realistically, it's difficult to expect players to come into games when they haven't had much game time for awhile.

Zoumana Bakayogo sounded like he struggled quite a lot, constant comments from Charlie Slater and, Mark Stallard about his poor contributions.

Michael Doyle is the hard hitting midfielder that some fans have wanted for awhile, I think he's earned some form of redemption and his red card shouldn't be something that is easily thrown at him. Bakayogo should have been smarter, as Doyle had two options, allow them throw or take the hit. No matter what he did, most likely it would have resulted in a red card.

Some people bang on about escape goats, Enzio Boldewijn makes it hard to see how the club can win with him starting.

Sam Osborne and Cal Roberts could inject the energy and speed required to respond well, both have a good level of pace and sound much more direct.

Perhaps Kristian Dennis faded after some time - it might have been better to start Wes Thomas.

It's not a disaster, it could be if we allow it but I think we just need to get on with it. Keep the faith! COYP!!

• Like 1

Not a good result but with the player sheet, i sort of expected a defeat.

Yes 3 points to them unfortunetly... Onwards and upwards.