Match Discussion: Game 33 - The Spireites (H)

PON_News

Im hoping the game ends well today.

Come on,Notts,PLEASE don't let me down.It's been a great weekend so far .PLEASE  DON'T SPOIL IT

That was a quick reaction.What a goal..Keep it up.

• Like 1

A good win... 3 points to us and good goal difference. A good score for a local derby.

I think the first half both teams could have gotten something from the match and, it made a nice change to see Notts do one better by firstly saving a penalty - then scoring themselves.

Second half, Notts showed a different class and, I’m over the moon for Enzio.

His performance wasn’t brilliant, but his goal meant so much to him. I’m hoping it gives him that lift, so he can grown in confidence.

Cal Roberts looked a great player, quick feet and a good turn of pace.

He’s very direct which makes a change.

I don’t feel any player played badly today, they all worked hard and looked solid as a team. It was like watching a team in promotion form.

It shows we can rely on the whole squad but more importantly this team can react well to disappointing results - if everyone is on the same page.

• Like 2

I thought we deserved the win, we controlled the game but bar the start we didn’t really have many spells of sustained pressure. Chesterfield were poor, they relied the long throw and the long ball to Denton. We could’ve been 1-0 down, although with us twice hitting the woodwork we probably should’ve gone ahead.

My one issue is our CMs slipping back into old habits and playing too deep. Why do we need two players doing the same job? On a couple of occasions Lacey/Rawlinson picked up the ball, ran past them both! And considering Chesterfield’s forwards probably had a combined age of nearly 70 I don’t know why they didn’t push up a bit more.

Positives for me were the Rawlinson/Lacey partnership and Kelly-Evans did excellently considering he’s plays on the other side. Rose stepped his game up, Enzio turned up and Roberts showed some very promising glimpses.

The big moment was the penalty save, as dreadful as it was Fitz still had to stop it and he did. He might not be too happy here at the moment but he put in a great performance.

All in all, very happy! 3 goals, clean sheet and the TV curse – gone!

• Like 1

Played much better than our last game so a plus and the team will be in a much better place after that result.

• Like 1

second half notts really looked like a team with confidence.

it shows we can attack the family stand, so that is another curse lifted. not just the tv drought. all the goals were quality and it goes to show that we dont need to walk the ball into the net.

Great performance, we just need to pinch ourselves and bear in mind that we can struggle at times.

Fantastic finishing.

The Notts squad stepped up, one issue about the performance is those who will moan if its not repeated, rather than just enjoying this win. All the goals were of excellent quality, I thought Notts could have scored more.

They kept the tempo for the most part and made Chesterfield work.

Very poor team, their keeper played a shocking game.

The result is a very good one, I didn't expect Notts to beat Chesterfield 3-0. I thought Chesterfield would have put up more resistance and took the game to Notts, it could be a very important win come the end of the season.