Match Discussion: FA Trophy QF - Oxford City (H)

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

We were missing a topic on this, so I've made one. Our fixture list changes every five minutes, so cut us some slack :D

So tomorrow we meet Oxford City again. Our last (and only?) meeting with them was an FA Cup 2nd round match in 2017, when we squeaked through 3-2 thanks to a Jorge Grant goal in stoppage time. One man who impressed that day was Oxford defender Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain, who later joined Notts on the strength of his performance (and what a great idea that was). The Hoops were fourth in the National League South and were on a fine run when the season was voided. With 35 goals from 17 games they also know where the net is, so it shouldn't be a walkover.

Many of us have been critical about the decision to carry on with the FA Trophy given The Situation, but this is an opportunity for the team to get its mojo back with no league points at stake. We're now also just two wins away from a possible Wembley final in front of actual fans...

Thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah, we’re in too deep now, if we’d just lost in the 2nd round (or whatever stage we joined) it would be long forgotten. But as our recent performances haven’t been great, losing to team in the league below that haven't played for like a month wouldn’t fill you with confidence that we could get out of this league automatically.

I know it adds more games but CB’s aside we’ve got players in every position, we can pretty much field 11 and still have 11 players that don’t play or play a very limited amount of time, so we’ll be fresh for Tuesday.

I’d leave Cal on the bench again, hopefully he’ll get on for at least a 30 minute spell. I’d probably even play Chicksen as well, so something like this:

Pilling

Golden   Turner   Lacey   Chicksen

Miller    O’Brien    Wolfe     Sam

Effiong    Knowles

Lot's of changes but that team should still be able to see off Oxford...

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

There's a possibility of fans being at Wembley for the final I'd imagine? That's incentive enough to go and try and win the competition IMO. A trophy would lift all our spirits. I'm in Ireland and won't get a chance to be vaccinated until September I reckon. Notts are an important part of what keeps me going. I'd love to see smiling Notts fans on Wembley Way. 

Archived