Match Discussion: Game 29 - The Shots (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 29 - The Shots (H)

Team: Aldershot Town

Date: 06/03/2021

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I still can't get my head around last night. Once I can let that go, I'll comment on Aldershot at home................

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Match postponed! Due to a covid case in the Aldershot team, even though it's just one team member they all have to isolate for 10 days... League rules.

Not good for us, we already have a packed schedule so this game will have to be crammed in somewhere - you'd think the league might consider extending the season by a week or 2 considering everyone has been hit with more postponements than usual this season.

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Game 29 - The Shots (H)

Team: Aldershot Town

Date: 30/03/2021

Where: Meadow Lane

Anyone tuning in, via radio or stream?

I was going to stream it, but not sure I want to see another repeat performance from recent weeks. I'll probably wait until I see the lineup, I have a sneaky feeling a certain Ben Turner will be playing and if that's the case, I will not bother streaming. I'd sooner play Jimmy Knowles at CB. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I'll be on the stream as usual. Hoping with Doyles injury, we have a more positive outlook tonight. Might be a blessing in disguise...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Not an easy game to predict.  They are in a poor run of form, and we're not playing as well as our recent league results might suggest.  I'm hoping the players will want to prove a point after the embarrassment of Saturday, so I'll go for a nervy 1-0 home win.

• Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

That was painful to watch.

Lets get that penalty decision out the way first cos it was an absolute shocker. Ellis’ arm just brushed against his back, and he goes over like an Olympic diver. Woeful decision from the ref.

We still had 88 mins to get something out of the game, so I wasn’t worried… (But I should’ve been!)

I know Aldershot had no intention of having the ball but was the whole idea of passing between Reeves and the defenders an attempt to put them to sleep or something? That was like watching Notts years ago under Ian McParland pass it round the back before one of the CB’s finally decides to just pump it long...

Second half wasn’t much better, except Aldershot actually realised if they have a bit of the ball they could easily make it 2-0.

Thought we’d get some sort of reaction after Saturday but that was just as bad if not worse.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

Sounds like more of the same tonight, especially with the lack of chances created. We were already in a hole confidence-wise, and changing the manager doesn't seem to have helped at all.

There doesn't appear to be any reaction because half the team has nothing left in the tank. They seem exhausted mentally, if not physically. For all the loanees we've brought in, tonight's team virtually picked itself. Wootton and Reeves cannot be dropped because we have no alternatives.

The new manager has a hell of a job on his hands to get this team playing quicker, more bravely and with self-belief.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  378
  • Days Won:  1

New YOUNG midfielder coming in before Friday... Straight from the rabbit in his aftermath presser.... 

• Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

What an appalling display that was, their keeper had to make a routine save from our only shot on target in the 87th minute!!!!  The penalty was a blatant dive, but it still doesn't excuse what followed.  Aldershot were poor, but poor was more than enough to beat us.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

right now i feel we are the masters of our own downfall, losing 1-0 does not worry me but the performance was not good at all. the players need to setup and work for each other, i think we will have a period where we are unflattering but i do hope the new manager starts to understand things.