Ratings v Holywood

Super_Danny_Allsopp

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Slocombe - 3 - Oh dear. Howler a game at the minute.

DKE - 6 - Looked like a dear in the headlights first 20. Settled after.

Rawlinson - 7 - Handled the aerial bombardment well.
Cameron - 8.5 - As per Rawlinson, but with a fantastic assist. 
Brindley - 7.5 - Looks so at home in that role. Defended well.

Taylor - 7 - Put in a lot of running up and down that left wing. A lot better defensively than I was expecting, with a couple of  minor lapses in concentration.

Francis - 6 - Game seemed to frantic for him, but got up to speed eventually.
Palmer - 7.5 - Class act again. Even under pressure, just seems to make the right choice, repeatedly. 
JOB - 6.5 - Worked tirelessly as always. 

Wootton - 8 - What a header. Makes that look so easy when it's anything but. 
Mitchell - 7 - Was actually impressed with his touch and running the lines.

Rodrigues - 6.5 - Never really affected the game a deal.
Roberts - 6 - No real impact.
Chicksen - 7 - Defended well and we didn't suffer from the lack of height.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Slocombe 3. Poor. Unfortunately we won’t get rid, but so far, a serious liability.

DKE. 6 Do wish he’d learn to stop the cross better. Stands off too much.

Taylor. 6.5 Good work rate and grew into the game.

Brindley. 7 Solid

Rawlinson. 7.5 You can see how he prefers the aerial bombardment stuff. Much more his cup of tea.

Cameron. 8.5 Night and day performance from Saturday. Class. Ran the defence and helped in the middle as well.

Francis. 5.5 Still not convinced.

Palmer. 6.5 He seems a better fit for our midfield.

JoB. 6.5 A few sloppy mistakes unfortunately, which lowers his score. Can’t fault his enthusiasm and energy though.

Mitchell. 7. Looks to have a good first touch on him. Needs to make his decisions quicker though. Got caught pondering a couple of times.

Wootten. 8. The goal makes his score. Premiership level header. 

R and R. Both off the pace and had no impact on the game. Hope they both rest up so they do come back Saturday full of creativity and running.

Chicksen. 7.5 His revival still amazes me. Class player.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Slocombe 5.5 – A bit of indecision for the goal, should’ve done better. Still made some good saves and claimed some crosses/balls in.

Brindley 7 – Pretty assured performance, just took a risk a couple of times trying to step up when he was the last man.

Rawlinson 7 – Didn’t win his headers early on but after that he was solid, important blocks and key in defending our box from corners.

Cameron 7.5 – At times he looked at bit slow but again he was key for us defending our box with some great headers. Also great ball for the goal.

D-KE 5.5 – Unlike him but I though he was largely anonymous.

Taylor 6 – I thought he was quite deep, a few good runs forward with the ball but not enough.

Francis 6 – Improved from Saturday, better on the ball than off sometimes his positioning wasn’t great. Needs to start dominating a bit more for me.

Palmer – 6.5 Quieter game for him, more to do off the ball than on it. Some good runs forward and tidy on the ball.

O’Brien – 6.5 Thought he was a bit too deep at times in the first half, second half he was more action and involved looked tired at the end though.

Wootton 7 – Mainly for the goal, battled well as usual good on the ball when he had it but he didn’t get a lot of it!

Mitchell 6.5 – Lively and promising, like the fact he can offer us a bit of pace upfront and his hold-play isn’t too bad either. Just didn’t get a lot of the ball either.

Subs

Roberts 6 – Played quite deep, didn’t really get on the ball enough.

Rodrigues 6 – Nice touches and turns on the ball but again didn’t really get on the ball enough.

Chicksen 6.5 – Slotted in well, I think he’s better at LCB than LWB.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Watching all the available footage, it seems to me that Slocombe actually kept Notts in the game with some very decent saves.

It's the defences job to protect the keeper, we had two players who I believe to be Rawlinson and Cameron - who in all fairness did far worse than Slocombe [who had no chance in saving the header] by not putting themselves between Mullin. Neither defender watched the balls flight very well, neither moved to adjust but stood watching the ball as it was headed almost arm's length from where our keeper stood.

Slocombe isn't the issue, it's the defending.

Once again, I agree with @menzinho - who appears to be rating the players based on sense and not disappointment, fault pointing etc.

Archived