Match Discussion: Game 5 - The Terras (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 5 - The Terras (A)

Team: Weymouth

Date: 11/09/2021

Where: Bob Lucas Stadium

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i hope we hammer weymouth, they are a poor team that are there for us to defeat if we play well enough.

they started off ok, but their last two games have shown that they are a poor team. i think they will struggle, so i hope chances come and our lads work them into making mistakes which will provide us with goals.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Notts are in good form at the moment, but I wouldn't want to underestimate Weymouth.

They are the home team which will have some advantages, Notts just has to make sure Rodgrigues, Roberts and Wootton get enough of the ball. I am hoping that a clean sheet can be completed, as it would benefit the defence and Slocombe.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Weymouth have scored 7 goals in 2 games. They have won 2 in a row. They beat a decent Solihull Moors 4-3 away in their last game. Their confidence will be high. They are an attack minded side. I think it will be a goal fest. 5-3 to Notts. 

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Weymouth can score if they control or manage to create changes. The key would be for the Notts midfield to hold the ball, whilst playing at the right tempo - not too slow, not thoughtless rushing.

I think the majority of opportunities should fall to Notts, provided we keep the recent standard we have set so far this season.

The build-up play needs to make use of the channels, whilst drawing players onto the likes of Kyle Wootton, so that others, i.e. Cal Roberts/Ruben Rodrigues can get on the ball and visa versa. Weymouth for me, are the type of team who will be looking at this fixture and considering a draw would be a good result. No doubt they'll want to win, but a draws much more realistic. I don't think they come anywhere near to the depth we have.

The second half should be where the game opens up, as I can see the first half being extremely close.

A draw/defeat wouldn't be a good result in my eyes for us, but it comes down to how good Weymouth are and if we can match or beat their efforts. I always reflect on my thoughts based on the whole picture, rather than the result or a single conceded goal.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

A trip to the seaside early in the season is never bad. Hope we take a good following.

I can't say I'm too familiar with Weymouth, but they're not cannon fodder and clearly know where the net is. The players need to take fixtures against less glamorous opposition just as seriously as the Wrexhams - then I'm sure we'll bring the points home with us.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Notts finally take the lead. All that was missing was a goal and Cal delivered. Sounds like it was a fantastic free kick. Need to win this. These are the games that decide whether you finish first or in the playoffs. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Got to be slightly disappointed with that, strange that we went there last year played terribly, scored a fluke goal and won. Whereas yesterday the performance was better but we only got a point. That’s football for you though.

I don’t think we created enough even though we dominated the play for the majority of the game. Will wait to see the highlights in regards to the potential penalty on Ruben but IB thought it should’ve been given.

Weymouth defended well by the sounds of it and they had a guy in midfield Mussa who was big, strong and everywhere - I’m sure we will be tracking him now. Important now that we win on Tuesday, that way the draw won’t feel like a bad result.